Arizona late rifle bull elk hunt

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
That unit has some country where there are no roads but burning boot leather is gonna be some what hard. Multiple people have said there are roads every where and I think you’re glassing over that. There are more roads in az than you think. WAY more

Alex.D102

FNG
I also drew a late rifle tag for AZ. I’m actually going to be hunting with James Flemming. The guy is an absolute elk guru. Typically all of my elk hunts are DIY but with this tag, I opted to hunt with James for the best chance at a true giant. James has been a buddy for a few years now so it only made sense!

jrypka

FNG
Good luck. I got lucky and drew late rifle too, but a different unit. Lots of research to come.

Alex.D102

FNG
Good luck. I got lucky and drew late rifle too, but a different unit. Lots of research to come.
If you end up deciding on potentially going guided, shoot me a DM and I can get you setup with James ! Congrats on the tag!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I also drew a late rifle tag for AZ. I’m actually going to be hunting with James Flemming. The guy is an absolute elk guru. Typically all of my elk hunts are DIY but with this tag, I opted to hunt with James for the best chance at a true giant. James has been a buddy for a few years now so it only made sense!
Glad you are friends with JF as maybe that's what's needed to get a return call.

I was going to use him for a hunt 3 or 4 years ago in a unit with a small number of elk but known to contain some large bulls, but after 2-3 messages left (with no return calls), or the phone ringing with non pickup and a bunch of VM mailbox full messages, I said the heck with it.

Good luck on your hunt (do you really need it since you'll be guided by the EG?) and be sure and post pix.

Eddie

Hello Folks,

Just looked at my draw results for Arizona elk, looks like 3 of us finally drew Bull tags in Arizona for the late rifle hunt! Hunt dates this year are 11/29-12/5. This will be my first elk Hunt in Arizona, but I am not new to elk hunting, I've also never stepped foot in our Unit. Curious what the Late hunt is Like? Will be driving down from South Dakota, and hope to be in the unit 3-4 days before opener to look around and get camp setup. Any info is appreciated!
What unit?

Beendare

WKR
Ill check out your buddies IG page! thanks for the intel!
Wow, lots of James flemings on insta

He is jamesflemingguiding…

best guide I’ve seen And great guy.

Be prepared to gag at the monsters he kills for clients. His clients killed 2- bulls well over 400” last year as I recall. He sends me so many giants I lose track.

DBuck

Lil-Rokslider
beavercreekguidesandoutfitters.com Highly recommend this outfit. Whether you're wanting a guided hunt or just a place to camp. They have some awesome cabins right in the heart of that unit, best part is you don't have to worry about bringing a thing. Just grab your hunting stuff and go. PM me if you need more info. Thanks

Alex.D102

FNG
Glad you are friends with JF as maybe that's what's needed to get a return call.

I was going to use him for a hunt 3 or 4 years ago in a unit with a small number of elk but known to contain some large bulls, but after 2-3 messages left (with no return calls), or the phone ringing with non pickup and a bunch of VM mailbox full messages, I said the heck with it.

Good luck on your hunt (do you really need it since you'll be guided by the EG?) and be sure and post pix.

Eddie
Man Sorry to hear that. He definitely can be a hard guy to get a hold of. I believe the man lives in the backcountry 24/7 lol

I appreciate it, I will for sure make a hunt post recap with pics and hopefully a great success story.

Beendare

WKR
Man Sorry to hear that. He definitely can be a hard guy to get a hold of. I believe the man lives in the backcountry 24/7 lol

I appreciate it, I will for sure make a hunt post recap with pics and hopefully a great success story.
Yeah, he spends 300 days a year out in the woods…he is an animal. Much of the time he has no service….and keep in mind he is usually booked solid.

I get it…I’m a business man and currently have calls in to 5 different outfitters on a specific hunt- its frustrating, a week later with no call backs. That chaps my hide…but having worked with someof these great guides…that doesn’t make them good business guys.

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Folks,

Just looked at my draw results for Arizona elk, looks like 3 of us finally drew Bull tags in Arizona for the late rifle hunt! Hunt dates this year are 11/29-12/5. This will be my first elk Hunt in Arizona, but I am not new to elk hunting, I've also never stepped foot in our Unit. Curious what the Late hunt is Like? Will be driving down from South Dakota, and hope to be in the unit 3-4 days before opener to look around and get camp setup. Any info is appreciated!
I drew a late tag in a neighbor unit it to yours. It’ll be my first time out there too so I have been e scouting like crazy, and will be hoping for the best! If you guys get in a pinch or if I’m tagged out and you guys need help packing out a bull a let me know. We’d be happy to pop over and lend a hand.

OP
K

Kopmana

FNG
That unit has some country where there are no roads but burning boot leather is gonna be some what hard. Multiple people have said there are roads every where and I think you’re glassing over that. There are more roads in az than you think. WAY more
bummer, I been scouring it over on ON X and it looks like there are a few spots, but you are correct. lots of roads!

OP
K

Kopmana

FNG
I drew a late tag in a neighbor unit it to yours. It’ll be my first time out there too so I have been e scouting like crazy, and will be hoping for the best! If you guys get in a pinch or if I’m tagged out and you guys need help packing out a bull a let me know. We’d be happy to pop over and lend a hand.
Cool! congrats! I appreciate the offer. What direction is your unit from ours? I hope its a good season! looking forward to the hunt!

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
Cool! congrats! I appreciate the offer. What direction is your unit from ours? I hope its a good season! looking forward to the hunt!
I’m bothering you to the east. Yeah I’m hoping so! I have a couple buddies going with me that have hunted it before so hopefully we turn something up

OP
K

Kopmana

FNG
I’m bothering you to the east. Yeah I’m hoping so! I have a couple buddies going with me that have hunted it before so hopefully we turn something up
Awesome, If I glass up some Bulls on your side of the canyon I will let you know!

Ingi?

FNG
That is a great unit. It will be difficult to find space to yourself with 500+ other tags but lots of elk regardless. Good Luck!