ARGALI RINCON 2P Tent.....it is in my hands.

Sammymusi

WKR
Ok guys back to reality from my trip to Wyoming. Had some success as well !! I spiked in the tipi for 4 nights . Little tight for me with all my gear but overall stayed dry as it rained 2 days on me. I would say 2 with a stove would be very tight.

Attachments

• D350CF5D-8D79-48ED-A8AC-D04CBF50E289.jpeg
    D350CF5D-8D79-48ED-A8AC-D04CBF50E289.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 231
  • 2DF0D9D7-64B0-4516-BFEA-6F29420DAEA1.jpeg
    2DF0D9D7-64B0-4516-BFEA-6F29420DAEA1.jpeg
    791.4 KB · Views: 226
Ok guys back to reality from my trip to Wyoming. Had some success as well !! I spiked in the tipi for 4 nights . Little tight for me with all my gear but overall stayed dry as it rained 2 days on me. I would say 2 with a stove would be very tight.

How is head clearance when sitting up from sleep position if you are sleeping on one side. I really am interested in this tent, but the side walls seem steep.

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be really testing the tent out starting next week. I've got 6 weeks off for hunting with several different trips planned so it will get run through the paces.
I did get a Seek Outside cub U turn stove for it so looking forward to that as its my first backpacking hot set up. Keep the photos coming!
If you had to, you could get 2 guys in but you better like each other.

Randy

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
And dandy bull!

Randy

Sammymusi

WKR
Thank you my first one and I’m super happy with him! These guys on all these hunting shows make killing a herd bull so easy. We put miles and miles on I can tell you that and out of 8 days of hunting we got into about 18 bulls on public it was very rewarding.

DeePow

FNG
I'll be really testing the tent out starting next week. I've got 6 weeks off for hunting with several different trips planned so it will get run through the paces.
I did get a Seek Outside cub U turn stove for it so looking forward to that as its my first backpacking hot set up. Keep the photos coming!

Randy
Any updates? Pros / cons? I’m interested in this tent for backpacking trips through the summer and utilizing it heavily in September. There are infinite variables but it is interesting reading everyone’s experience

sierraj

FNG
Can anyone with the Rincon comment on how well someone a bit over 6ft would fit in the tent? I am 6'4" and have a dcf Locus Gear Hapi Grande that is 120" long and I do not have a lot of head and foot room to keep from rubbing against the tent walls if they are wet, especially if I am using an inner net inside. Sleeping in the middle (using a two pole setup) is not a problem but sleeping on one side of the center pole can make a tight fit. The rincon is a little wider than the Hapi though, so that might help.

Can anyone with the Rincon comment on how well someone a bit over 6ft would fit in the tent? I am 6'4" and have a dcf Locus Gear Hapi Grande that is 120" long and I do not have a lot of head and foot room to keep from rubbing against the tent walls if they are wet, especially if I am using an inner net inside. Sleeping in the middle (using a two pole setup) is not a problem but sleeping on one side of the center pole can make a tight fit. The rincon is a little wider than the Hapi though, so that might help.
Interested in this as well (I’m 6’4”). I was looking at the SO Silex or Guardian, but I like the dedicated vent and the SilNylon on the Rincon.

sierraj

FNG
Rincon is Silpoly (Less sag when wet). And it’s silicone coated both sides rather others that are sil one side and PU coated or mixed.

Got mine a couple weeks ago. Snow finally melted enough to set it up. I was worried about length because I’m 6’4”, but it seems to be a really good fit. Can’t wait to try it in the backcountry!22D010E8-0C68-4F09-B244-8F362CD4F1DB.jpeg

Attachments

• B752F35D-9803-4138-BBBB-9D3DFD961DD0.jpeg
    B752F35D-9803-4138-BBBB-9D3DFD961DD0.jpeg
    701.8 KB · Views: 53

croben

Lil-Rokslider

Randy
Randy, how did you like the tent after all the use? I’m very interested in getting one of these.