ARGALI RINCON 2P Tent.....it is in my hands.

Sammymusi

WKR
Ya I keep tossing the idea of selling the xmid but I don’t NEED to get rid of it and it will be nice to have the option of either shelter at any time even back here in pa.

Yaada_205

FNG
In my opinion the rincon would have more area for gear. I am torn on which one I will be using for spiking in Wyoming so I’ll probably bring both and make a game day decision. I love having the adjustable pole and being able to leave the shelter set up compared to having to pull my trekking poles for the day
I can see the rincon having more area for gear - but something is just not sitting well with me when I see how the rincon's side walls are angled much lower than the Xmid.

Im guessing your having to sleep in the center of the tent near the pole, but either way would your head still hit the side wall as you sat up right?

Also for leaving the shelter up - would a stick or tree limb cut to size work?

Sammymusi

WKR
That is the 1 person , as for the space I’m 5’11 and I sleep on my stomach. I feel very confident I’ll have room above my head to stretch out no problem with that rincon. The x mud just feels tight to me. Now granted I slept 2 nights in 2020 in Montana we had base camp set up and mainly stayed there . Having the ability to have more room , easier set up and also the possibility of using a stove the rincon just checks off the boxes

Yaada_205

FNG
That is the 1 person , as for the space I’m 5’11 and I sleep on my stomach. I feel very confident I’ll have room above my head to stretch out no problem with that rincon. The x mud just feels tight to me. Now granted I slept 2 nights in 2020 in Montana we had base camp set up and mainly stayed there . Having the ability to have more room , easier set up and also the possibility of using a stove the rincon just checks off the boxes
Ok ya for sure definitely checks all the boxes. the Xmid 1p I can see is defintely smaller than the Rincon which is 2p. And with the Rincon being so light - its a solid choice. The price point is spot on too. I just wish they'd have an inner net for it. Thanks for the photos and comparison!

Sammymusi

WKR
Ya I think they said sometime in October for that which will be too late. But either way can’t go wrong with the shelters.

mntnguide

WKR
Ok ya for sure definitely checks all the boxes. the Xmid 1p I can see is defintely smaller than the Rincon which is 2p. And with the Rincon being so light - its a solid choice. The price point is spot on too. I just wish they'd have an inner net for it. Thanks for the photos and comparison!
They have a full inner nest with bathtub floor for the Rincon....

Sammymusi

WKR
I think a half nest would be the ticket . My wife is coming out with me this year just for a night then she flys back home so we will see how it is with my gear , bow and 2 of us. That will be sept 12 counting down the days now.!

acream45

FNG
I couldn’t wait for the Argali half nest so I found one that works well. I’ll still be buying the Argali 2P nest and their half nest once it comes out but for the time being this one seems to work well!
What inner nest did you end up using?
I couldn’t wait for the Argali half nest so I found one that works well. I’ll still be buying the Argali 2P nest and their half nest once it comes out but for the time being this one seems to work well!

dtrkyman

WKR
Any idea how it compares to a Mountainsmith LT? I have one currently, good shelter however being stuck in it during some storms I felt cramped with all my gear inside.

lhowk

FNG
Randy,
I got back from hunt. I had this tent on a Mt. Goat trip in SE Alaska, we had some heavy rain and high winds. The tent never came down. I used it floorless. I had some zipper leaks, but this could have been I missed spots on the sealing under the zipper flap (door and stove jack).

This type of hunt might not be the best place for this tent, but it did ok for the six days. I will say it's very light, but with that comes areas of concern in, it very fragile on the bottom skirt. First night of wind put a small rock rub on the tent, next night it tore out as you can see in the picture.

That was my trip, no goats, lots of weather.

Attachments

• 20220819_071136.jpg
    20220819_071136.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 141

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Randy,
I got back from hunt. I had this tent on a Mt. Goat trip in SE Alaska, we had some heavy rain and high winds. The tent never came down. I used it floorless. I had some zipper leaks, but this could have been I missed spots on the sealing under the zipper flap (door and stove jack).

This type of hunt might not be the best place for this tent, but it did ok for the six days. I will say it's very light, but with that comes areas of concern in, it very fragile on the bottom skirt. First night of wind put a small rock rub on the tent, next night it tore out as you can see in the picture.

That was my trip, no goats, lots of weather.

Would you be afraid to pitch this tent in a brushy area due to the issue you had? Eying one, but concerned about the durability you mentioned.

Sammymusi

WKR
Man you must have had an awesome hunt being out there ! Sorry it rained on ya like that. I think early fall in the states this shelter is gonna kick some butt. I leave sept 10 for Wyoming I’ll keep you guys all posted

Sammymusi

WKR
Hey looking at the weather for my trip looking like in the low 30s!! May be getting a stove . What do you guys run with this tent ? Or any recommendations on size , pipe length would be super awesome

lhowk

FNG
Would you be afraid to pitch this tent in a brushy area due to the issue you had? Eying one, but concerned about the durability you mentioned.
I would recommend keeping it clear of thick brush, we had high winds. Anything rubbing on the tent overnight might cause issue IMO.