Are you ready?

Archery elk is coming fast. I have never been so unorganized and unprepared. Work, people dying, everything has just wrecked the year so far. My go to broadheads weren't flying so well, and instead of trying to solve it, I put some slicktricks on and they're flying good. I don't really care for them on elk, but this year they're going to be the head.

I have a great draw tag this year for another species and haven't been able to spend the time I wanted on that either. Sometimes life gets in the way. I never thought I'd say that.

Oh well, I hope you guys are ready, and a bit more organized than me. I'm going to be shoot the first legal bull this year and get it over with. Sadly, even a little 4x4 like this will be in trouble this year...... maybe.

1692848561976.png

Hnthrdr

WKR
Good luck!

I know the feeling! Drew out a muzzy tag, still feel dirty cheating on my bow, but family life has turned my hunting seasons upside down easier to get 6 days off from daddy day care than 20… haven’t been able to scout a fraction of what I wanted, but have amazing friends that have helped and will be around to help call for a few days. Will be a ton of fun and I’m good with whatever happens would love a nice mature bull, but when one tips the trigger I’ll be grinning when the smoke clears. Can’t wait to hear that first bugle of the season!

Jaquomo

WKR
The whole month of September to hunt, a supportive wife who scouted a new spot with me today, tags in two adjoining states, a packer lined up, hunting solo so nobody to negotiate or compromise with, shooting well, with 49 years of elk bowhunting experience (and mistakes...) in my back pocket. All packed, and leaving in a week. I'm at the annual "pace around and stare off into the distance" stage.

So yeah, I'm sort of ready. :)

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Nope, not ready at all. This is the first year since picking up a bow that I just haven't shot much. Got a newer bow and just never got around to doing anything to it until now. Also, hunting OTC just doesn't have the same appeal to it as a good tag. I'm concentrating on my daughter's hunts first and then I can figure out what I'm doing after ML season.

ElkNut1

WKR
I'm ready & heading out Monday to setup up base! Like Jaq I've got a few years under my belt so it's easier to manage things & not allow little things dampen my spirits.

Lots of solo this year with a day here & there with my Son! I truly look forward to it, after all who knows how many Sept we have left in us! I don't want to squander any that's left! (grin)

ElkNut

suda0402

FNG
Hand surgery set me back a lot this year. Would normally start shooting in April and couldn't shoot until July this year. I will have to let them get really close this year to feel comfortable in taking a shot.

87TT

WKR
Not 100% ready but Could be loaded and on the road in an hour if needed. Probably head out Tuesday mid day. Waiting on a delivery to repair my GPS today. Food is ready. camp gear is ready. Bow is ready and rig is ready.

jpalmer83

FNG
Been shooting my bow all the time but the problem is I’m going on a rifle hunt with a few friends and haven’t shot a rifle all year. Feel like cheating on my goal of an elk with a bow. Exited to chase some mullies during the rut though.

Should be arriving at basecamp in exactly 2 weeks. I'm ready. I could honestly be ready to head out of the door with just 2-3 hours notice.

Bow is shooting nicely, gear is packed, food is sorted and ready to pack.

Can't wait!!

Hnthrdr

WKR
Eh. Im ready, but that dont take much.

I was telling Jaq the other night while we were having a beer that Im the least excited this year as Ive ever been.

Maybe once I get to elk camp and settled in, the desire will come.
Come on that first bugle should get the blood pumping!

wyogoat

WKR
Bulls were bugling regularly the first hour and beginning about the last hour through the night this past weekend at about 10,700 in northern Colorado. Not where I’m hunting but hearing those bulls helped…leaving next Friday early afternoon and all set.

Dakota Dude

Lil-Rokslider
Ready, sure. Prepared, not really. Am I pumped to get out there, yup.

Hear elk bugling 2 weeks ago! Doesn't feel the same when you don't have your bow with you.

Geewhiz

WKR
Not in the slightest. Taking this archery season off to invest in future seasons. Not easy to put elk on the back burner.

hobbes

WKR
No, I'm not really ready but I'll be hunting on the 2nd. Traveling for a visit here in the Midwest hasn't helped either but it's sure made everyone happy. I suppose I did brush up on my bushytail stalking skills in Mom's woodlot. :)
IMG_20230824_080655033.jpg