Are you pumped for OTC Colorado Elk?

wiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I was going this fall. The overcrowding can certainly diminish the fun, but you are still there chasing them.

11boo

WKR
Wish I was going this fall. The overcrowding can certainly diminish the fun, but you are still there chasing them.
Man I hit some of the hardest hit areas here. Yeah , a fair bit of road traffic but pretty rare to see anyone off trail.
less than 2 hours from tent to home, I can live with that.

I’m wound pretty tight over September .

Set up the tent frame today and color coded it. Really just cause these are new poles, and I was bored.
Only 3 different lengths of conduit, 6 ea.

IMG_8087.jpeg

Kicked the mice out of the water heater too.

IMG_8060.jpeg

Last edited:
As a FNG this is encouraging. There’s lots of online negativity about OTC CO, but it’s my only option as a Texan to go chase elk this year so I’m going. Any legal elk, learning a lot and ultimately spending a week in awesome countryside is my goal. Can’t wait.
Completely agree. The optimism is a good 'contagious' I want to catch.

wardl_3

Lil-Rokslider
OTC archery elk has been great to me and a few buddies. I would utilize it to the fullest evert yr…drew a tag this yr with said buddies drawing as well, so it sounds like last season was our last otc hunt. Unless we try rifle n the future.

Scott7030

FNG
A few buddies and I are planning on heading out from Michigan. I'm treating it like a back packing trip with an elk tag in my pocket. Very low expectations but, hoping for the best. I'm just craving some mountain air.

S-3 ranch

WKR
I’m 57 and most of my friends are around the same age, we aren’t going anymore, it’s a combination of things a younger person just wouldn’t understand,
Maybe apply for a good unit or private, but OTC just not that. Mad at them for otc

bozeman

WKR
I think many people underestimate how difficult it is to bring a 'group of guys' and be successful. I truly believe for every '1 hunter', there are approx '3 non-hunters' who just go, to go on a trip. With those statistics, its not that crowded with 'hunters'. :)

I used to be pumped about hunting otc CO until a few years ago. Now it's a rat race. I see as many people in the woods now as I see in Costco on a Saturday morning. So since I didn't draw a tag with 9 points in a unit that I drew with 4 in 2014, im going in my state on an overpriced unit wide LO cow rifle meat tag. At least I can enjoy some solitude and doubt I will see another human. Much more enjoyable that way....

Teaman1

WKR
As a flat lander, I get extremely pumped for any chance to hike the mountains with a rifle in hand.
Does bum me out a little that I have to try a new unit this year.