Are lightweight baselayer bottoms a waste?

OP
E
Kuiu 145 Nuyarn Merino- Body: 90% Merino Wool / 10% Nylon

I haven't had any durability issues or excessive stretching with my 145's. I've owned a pair for over 6 years or so and they are still doing fine.
I just wish for this specific application they werent 3/4 length....

The material is about perfect but the length being 3/4 doesn't make as much sense for whitetails as it does for western application.

OP
E
Wear some over calf length socks. That's what I do in snowboard boots. Works just fine.
Seems pretty reasonable, but my calves are fat and sassy so I have a tough time finding tall socks to fit. Do you change your socks at all when you get to where you hunt? Often times I will throw on a dry pair at the base of the tree for long cold sits

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
For elk hunting I have my lightweight merino base top and bottoms on 24/7 while I'm up there. They get the sweat off my skin and they are very comfortable to wear even when I'm not sweating. Also very comfortable for sleeping in the bag or under the quilt. My legs can handle extreme temps hot or cold so I wear them only for comfort and sweat control. I also wear over the calf liner socks, normal height lightweight merino socks, and my gaiters over my pants and boots. My legs just aren't bothered with the heat. I can do that in 100+ degrees. But I have to have sweat control.