Archery target?

shmcleod

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to make sure my bow is sighted in while up on the Haul Road. Should I pick a cheap one up in Fairbanks? Anyone wrapping up their trip around 8/56 or 8/26 that wants to sell me theirs on the way out? Alternatively, are there enough hunters up there that it is east to bum a quick shot or two? THANKS!

Haro450

FNG
If your just trying to verify your sight is still on the tundra is soft and extra arrow is cheaper than buying a bow target. You might loose the arrow to the tundra but if your smart about it that shouldn't be a problem. I have borrowed a neighbors target and used the tundra to verify my sight didn't move on the trip up. Using a bird tip or blunt tip would increase the chance of arrow retrieval from the tundra.

I bought one while I was up there and was glad to have it. I also gave it to a camp on the way out. I wouldn't think it would be a problem finding a camp that would let you shoot a few.

thayerp81

FNG
Wer'e going to buy one at walmart/ sportsmans warehouse once we land and then dump it/ give it away when were done. I like the idea of being able to practice every day and shoot before each days hunt. For a trip this expensive I'm not going to let a $60 target be the difference in being confident in my equipment.

OP
shmcleod

shmcleod

Lil-Rokslider
Wer'e going to buy one at walmart/ sportsmans warehouse once we land and then dump it/ give it away when were done. I like the idea of being able to practice every day and shoot before each days hunt. For a trip this expensive I'm not going to let a $60 target be the difference in being confident in my equipment.
What are your dates up there?

thayerp81

FNG
fly in early AM 8/21, drive up same day. back in fbx 8/31 and deaded out 9/1. You might want to check the "haul road gear exchange" thread to see if there's someone whose dates might line up with yours.

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I will be up Sept 1 for a week if anyone would like to take some shots on mine. Look for the big blue Sierra and silver trailer with Alaska 4x4 logos on the side.