Archery Elk Hunt no points and outfitter?

I am interested in going on an Archery rut hunt this fall(2023) with no points. What state would be able to accommodate my needs for fall of 2023?

I do want to use a guide of some sort as I am East Coast and do not have time to scout any areas. I’m not looking a 20K elk hunt either. I had 5-10k in mind. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I do have 3 Wyoming Elk points but I am saving them for a spot me and a buddy hunt when we are able to draw together. Looks like that may be another year or 2. We have hunted the same spot in Wyoming 3 times as a DIY hunt. We know the area and have decent luck.

While I am waiting to draw Wyoming….. I want to hunt Elk this fall if possible.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Laramie

WKR
Which state has the best OTC tags and outfitter draw tag success rates?
All can be good or bad- boils down to the land the outfitter has access to. Typically the better ones with good private access and high success rates charge higher. If you book a budget landowner tag hunt, expect to get what you pay for. I would also use caution booking this late in the game as those hunts that are left are open for a reason. You may still find a great hunt but verify through references and do a thorough google search. Good luck.

sneaky

"DADDY"
These are questions you should have asked several months ago. Little late for this year to just now be looking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
B
These are questions you should have asked several months ago. Little late for this year to just now be looking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well….. the Wyoming point creep has not done me any favors on Elk Hunting plans. So I am looking elsewhere.

If you find an outfitter with rut dates open this fall its for damn good reason and you best stay clear.

Laramie

WKR
If you find an outfitter with rut dates open this fall its for damn good reason and you best stay clear.
Not always true. Some of the good ones end up with openings due to cancellations. I general I would agree with you though.

Not always true. Some of the good ones end up with openings due to cancellations. I general I would agree with you though.
True, but most outfitters I know have a list of clients they call when these cancellations occur and usually, they don't have to make many calls before that spot is filled. By the sounds of it the OP probably isn't on any of these lists because he doesn't even know what states could accommodate him for this FALL.

Last edited:

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
True, but most outfitters I know have a list of clients they call when these cancellations occur and usually, they don't have to make many calls before that spot is filled. By the sounds of it the OP probably isn't on any of these lists because he doesn't even know what states could accommodate him for this FALL when app season damn near over besides NM & MT.
Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Oregon all still open to apply in

neilv

FNG
I would try for someone in utah who has landowner tags - start contacting outfitters and like other people said you might get lucy on a cancellation- or you can get the utah archery spike tag - this is or was over the counter.

JBivens

FNG
Having been a in “somewhat” similar position, the only thing I would say is avoid week 1 with an outfitter. As others have said, if they have space, it is for a reason. Not worth your money, IMO.

Jman86

FNG
Best bet for a sure tag is NM landowner tag. Just be prepared to pay good money to do it that way.