Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
About 30 years ago, maybe a little longer, my dad and I used to hunt the high desert. I was too young to carry a gun. He had his 270 BAR. We’d ride horses with dogs in the sage until we jumped a big one. Then the rodeo would begin!

We’d jump off the horses, which would usually run like the ghost of satan was on their asses and he’d start shooting at the deer running as fast as a damn cheetah while being chased by 2 cow dogs barking on his heels. My job was to reload the magazines. They were 4 rounders if I remember correctly, and I’d reload them off his leather pouch on his belt, the ones that you could fit 20 rounds in. He’d stop shooting when they were out of sight, which usually was a long way away! 30 years ago the thought of ethics in that situation never crossed our minds. It sure was fun…up until it was time to go chase down the dirty nags that were usually about as far away as the buck!

I’d give a small fortune and a testicle to do that one more time…
30 years ago? Dude that's 1994... Y'all definitely knew better! Still a funny story

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The problem with him saying “innocent until proven guilty” is that is a stipulation of the law and will be done in courts. This isn’t a legal matter, a couple threw out some conspiracies about some potential legal issues, but people are attacking his character. Legally, based on both accounts, he did nothing wrong. Morally, completely different story.

This also isn’t cancel culture either. His job was to write about ethical hunting. He did something unethical. Those two things are directly related to the situation at hand. If people were rejoicing he got fired because he got a speeding ticket, that would be cancel culture.

Are people to quick to assume and jump to conclusions. 100 percent but I think Outdoor Life got this one right. Notice that they didn’t mention anything about it being legal issues. It was purely a decision based on character.

I couldnt have said this better.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
30 years ago? Dude that's 1994... Y'all definitely knew better! Still a funny story
Yeah I’d have kept that story under wraps! 😂 People acting like 30 years ago was the early 1900’s😂😂 Definitely should have known better! Like wtf?

Fowl Play

WKR
From the posts we've already read. It's clear Outdoor Life called both parties to get their side of the story. Then decided to part ways with him, after his own testimony showed he was an asshole.

Honestly, that's the best he could have hoped for in this situation. Yes, social media sparked it, but he was given an opportunity to defend himself to the "jury". What I consider "cancel culture" is when someone is cancelled for enacting Free Speech and the masses crucify him. That's not what happened here.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
From the posts we've already read. It's clear Outdoor Life called both parties to get their side of the story. Then decided to part ways with him, after his own testimony showed he was an asshole.

Honestly, that's the best he could have hoped for in this situation. Yes, social media sparked it, but he was given an opportunity to defend himself to the "jury". What I consider "cancel culture" is when someone is cancelled for enacting Free Speech and the masses crucify him. That's not what happened here.
One hundred percent!

psinclair

FNG
Big mule deer bucks are like money.......

They make some people do things they really don't want to do.

IMO, that buck should have went home with the lady hunter.

lif

WKR
It’s good to see people like spoomer speak up in defense. Times like this can help figure out who the others are that act the way AVB did.

Status
Not open for further replies.