Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RonSpomerOutdoors

@RonSpomerOutdoors

22 hours ago
Folks, to clarify some of the most recent comments here: apparently a woman hunter and her husband have accused Aram of tracking down and shooting a buck she'd previously wounded. I do not know exactly what happened. I wasn't there. From what I can tell it's a "she said/he said" situation. Based on that, I don't feel it's fair nor accurate to condemn Aram, call him a thief, etc. These reactions seem to be part of our current "cancel culture." It is easy to jump on the bandwagon and call out the accused, but jurisprudence in American used to hold that one is innocent until proven guilty. I should like to get back to that standard. This isn't to say the woman leveling accusations at Aram is a liar. Nor is it to say Aram is a devil or angel. It's just a reminder that it is all too easy to besmirch someone on social media, to confuse facts, to misinterpret actions and intent, etc. And that can have devastating, costly repercussions, financial as well as psychological and spiritual. Let us hope that those involved in this imbroglio can resolve it amicably and then share their story. Until then, the rest of us might withhold judgement.

But he forgot to mention the Memes....
Why does Aram sound like he forces the his gruff cowboy voice so much. It doesn’t sound one bit natural, and I can’t even listen to his interview for more than 2 minutes.
This guy is clearly so full of himself

Well, good to know Ron encourages making 700+ yard shots without using a rangefinder.

AVBs own account condemns him. Ron just self identified as the same.

I do find it amusing when people pull out the whole innocent until proven guilty bit. That applies to the law, I will hold my own opinions to that standard if I am given the power of life and death or sitting on a jury. Otherwise, I will judge character as I see fit.
He also blamed it on cancel culture, it has nothing to do with cancel culture, it’s more like stupid tax and Ron might just have to pay some for deciding to get in the middle of this, for who only knows why

CorbLand

WKR
Dude bro, I prophesied this back in post 135 of this here thread.

84kzep.jpg
Oh shit. I can’t be copying memes. It’s getting hard with this many. I deleted mine.

KenLee

WKR
He also blamed it on cancel culture, it has nothing to do with cancel culture, it’s more like stupid tax and Ron might just have to pay some for deciding to get in the middle of this, for who only knows why
Cancel and woke get thrown around by rights now like racist and 'phobic are thrown around by lefts.
Peeps need more originality.

CorbLand

WKR
Cancel and woke get thrown around by rights now like racist and 'phobic are thrown around by lefts.
This is the problem when terms go “mainstream.” They start getting overused and lose their meaning.

Eventually they get to the point of being based of emotions and people exploit it.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Agree. I have just found the line about innocent until proven guilty to be one used almost exclusively by those who have no defense because they (or someone they like) are in the wrong and just want to shut down discussion.

Not that I’ve noticed, cancel Culture is as real as it gets, the left just uses those terms and labels to avoid having to address actual issues. I’m not saying it never happens because it just did here, but in my opinion those two examples aren’t even close to comparable.

Agree. I have just found the line about innocent until proven guilty to be one used almost exclusively by those who have no defense because they (or someone they like) are in the wrong and just want to shut down discussion.
Yeah, big difference between having to figure out what happened when a story is being filtered through a “news” station where they always have their facts wrong (often purposely) Than in cases like this where everyone has formed their opinion based off what the people involved actually said happened.

edited

Last edited:
Ron Sooner doesn’t seem to understand that influencers and public figures must answer to a higher standard. It would seem many of them don’t understand this. We had the same in the military. It was called “conduct unbecoming”.

AVB might not have broken a law, but he certainly participated in “conduct unbecoming” of an outdoors industry spokesperson.

UCMJ Article 133: Conduct Unbecoming an Officer​

Article 133 itself defines violative behavior to include “acts of dishonesty, unfair dealing, indecency, indecorum, lawlessness, injustice, or cruelty.” As this is a broad definition, it is important for all service members to uphold strong moral character at all times.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
The problem with him saying “innocent until proven guilty” is that is a stipulation of the law and will be done in courts. This isn’t a legal matter, a couple threw out some conspiracies about some potential legal issues, but people are attacking his character. Legally, based on both accounts, he did nothing wrong. Morally, completely different story.

This also isn’t cancel culture either. His job was to write about ethical hunting. He did something unethical. Those two things are directly related to the situation at hand. If people were rejoicing he got fired because he got a speeding ticket, that would be cancel culture.

Are people to quick to assume and jump to conclusions. 100 percent but I think Outdoor Life got this one right. Notice that they didn’t mention anything about it being legal issues. It was purely a decision based on character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.