Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I can't imagine the pressure hunting for the Gram has on people, I feel terrible for them. I don't think I hunt with a single person that wouldn't have told that gal Congrats and given her the deer... If her story is true, it's her deer. If his story is true, it's still her deer.
Good way of looking at it. The group I hunt with is small, but not a chance one of them would pull that crap. Last year @sndmn11 tried to help my pregnant wife get on a 190” buck that he also had a tag for. She ended up shooting a 90” buck, but that was just as badass.

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I bet that deer doesn't taste as good as he'd hoped?

What if it were a forky?

Would he have let her take it.

I don't think I'd take it from a girl or young hunter knowing they shot it first.

But maybe after holding a real deal BOAL I would quickly change my mind and do everything I could to take it home with me.

TaperPin

WKR
I’m not saying this happened, but wildlife biologists enjoy hunting as much as the rest of us. If a buck they collared became known for being large it would not surprise me if someone was given the heads up about its location. Hopefully this is looked at. I was nearby when something bad happened with a few fish and wildlife employees and it was swept under the rug - my trust in government agencies and ethics has gone down since.

TSAMP

WKR
84ku0s.jpg
This is gold.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I love precision rifles and shooting a long way but this is just another example of how people are taking shots they shouldn't because there's a chance.. Both the parties in this story from the sounds of things. throwing lead.

Wouldn't be opposed to a 400 or 500 yard max shot distance laws even though they'd be tough to enforce.
Exactly my thought. Shooters without the requisite skills firing at a deer from several hundred yards away. The result is a gut shot deer with a leg blown off. Wonder how many times this happens every season?

amassi

WKR
Exactly my thought. Shooters without the requisite skills firing at a deer from several hundred yards away. The result is a gut shot deer with a leg blown off. Wonder how many times this happens every season?

You could have stopped at requisite skills.
Deer get gut shot at all ranges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenLee

WKR
TL;DR I don't buy his story at all

This reminds me of a time I witnessed an argument at work. Person 1 was clearly at fault. They were rude, insubordinate, and antagonistic and Person 2 responded unprofessionally but was certainly responding to Person 1's behavior.

Afterward, Person 1 claimed that they only acted calmly and politely during the confrontation.

The thing is, I was close friends with Person 1. I talked with them privately after things calmed down and they legitimately believed they had been calm and rational. They had literally reconstructed the memory in their head so they could feel they were in the right. It wasn't until I told them word for word what they said and did that they realized they were in the wrong.

The way they told their side of the story feels a lot like Aram's side of the story. He may even believe his side of the story, but I don't. The whole "I swear I was calm and polite the whole time" attitude of his post just rubs me the wrong way. When two people experience something so differently one is usually either lying or seriously disconnected from reality.
I call it "holographic memory".

sndmn11

WKR
Good way of looking at it. The group I hunt with is small, but not a chance one of them would pull that crap. Last year @sndmn11 tried to help my pregnant wife get on a 190” buck that he also had a tag for. She ended up shooting a 90” buck, but that was just as badass.

Sounds like she's double dipping in my honey hole and hasn't gotten with accounts receivable yet about the first invoice...

CorbLand

WKR
Anyone know if pictures have been posted other than the ones in this thread? Seems like we could put some of the pieces together with a picture of the whole deer. Be a lot easier to see if a knee was blow out and where her bullet hit.

BLJ

WKR
Are the pictures of the grinning cowboy scattered throughout the thread the guy in question?

Unckebob

WKR
I'm not saying he had to challenge them to a mexican standoff but at the very least put your foot down and say "the deer isnt going anywhere until we get a warden out here."

But this is the problem with society, they would rather type about problems they have/had on a keyboard than figure them out in the moment.

^^^^ This is the only answer. They are Peace Officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.