Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never understood people that hate on Mormons. The worst thing they have ever done to me is feed me too much delicious food.
I don't think that most Mormon jokes are rooted in hate. They are just jokes and lots of Mormons are actually good humored about their own faith. Take the official response to "The Book of Mormon" musical for example

His side of the story was posted on page two. If he is smart, he has turned off all social media and will wait for the dust to settle. Generally adding more than what he has already posted will just make it worse.

This should be removed.

Under no circumstances should he take that advice.

I want him to join, we need to hear more details from his side.

You think he’d have still stolen the buck if it was a 140” buck? Nope…the need for content for these instafamous guys is driving them to do stupid stuff…
Agreed 100 percent! We are seeing it all too often up here in Alaska. Sooner or later it will catch up with them, as it has here in this case.

Rich M

WKR
I'm not saying he had to challenge them to a mexican standoff but at the very least put your foot down and say "the deer isnt going anywhere until we get a warden out here."

But this is the problem with society, they would rather type about problems they have/had on a keyboard than figure them out in the moment.

I can see playing it cool - demanding a warden be called is good.

It just seems like the guy out-psyched the others by being over-dominant. Situation decision.

A real chit show on the mtn then both go home and fight battle of words in an epic he said-she said. Why doesn't she just call LEO and file a report - hand over the online stuff and see how it plays out? She could just say he intimidated them with his personality.

UpTop

WKR
I'm sorry the deer had to endure a death like that with people arguing over it post-mortem.
It is a shame for sure. Things like this happen every year during Utah’s rifle season unfortunately.

KenLee

WKR
I can see playing it cool - demanding a warden be called is good.

It just seems like the guy out-psyched the others by being over-dominant. Situation decision.

A real chit show on the mtn then both go home and fight battle of words in an epic he said-she said. Why doesn't she just call LEO and file a report - hand over the online stuff and see how it plays out? She could just say he intimidated them with his personality.
She should sue him and dig up all the other douche bag behavior he's participated in. Completely destroy him in public view. Seems appropriate.

Rich M

WKR
She should sue him and dig up all the other douche bag behavior he's participated in. Completely destroy him in public view. Seems appropriate.
Might yet happen. If she realizes that she can have them horns if she wants. It aint even close to being over.

Drenalin

WK.R
That's funny to you? Insert any other religion and is it still funny to you?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I suspect my answers to those questions would only be inflammatory. To your overall point, it’s a meme, not a persecution. I poke fun at my own religion too. I wouldn’t have considered that meme to be a trigger, but as you have proven otherwise, I will take it down myself.

He admits to shooting over 700 yards without ranging or dialing.

Neither side is looking very good on the shooting.
The difference was, his bad shot was made by an expert, as he pointed out several times… the whole story he wrote, he just wanted to say “I’m way better than them and I deserved a deer like that and it would have been dumb luck for them, but honed skill for me”

So gross, I can’t stand people like that, they are my kryptonite. Funny how irony always finds itself to go full circle… he will get what he deserves, whatever that means in this situation.

Should be a pretty sweet outdoor life article

wmr89

WKR
TL;DR I don't buy his story at all

This reminds me of a time I witnessed an argument at work. Person 1 was clearly at fault. They were rude, insubordinate, and antagonistic and Person 2 responded unprofessionally but was certainly responding to Person 1's behavior.

Afterward, Person 1 claimed that they only acted calmly and politely during the confrontation.

The thing is, I was close friends with Person 1. I talked with them privately after things calmed down and they legitimately believed they had been calm and rational. They had literally reconstructed the memory in their head so they could feel they were in the right. It wasn't until I told them word for word what they said and did that they realized they were in the wrong.

The way they told their side of the story feels a lot like Aram's side of the story. He may even believe his side of the story, but I don't. The whole "I swear I was calm and polite the whole time" attitude of his post just rubs me the wrong way. When two people experience something so differently one is usually either lying or seriously disconnected from reality.

CorbLand

WKR
the whole story he wrote, he just wanted to say “I’m way better than them and I deserved a deer like that and it would have been dumb luck for them, but honed skill for me”
Unless they had access to the GPS data from the collar on the deer, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.