Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdahoBeav

WKR
The difference was, his bad shot was made by an expert, as he pointed out several times… the whole story he wrote, he just wanted to say “I’m way better than them and I deserved a deer like that and it would have been dumb luck for them, but honed skill for me”

So gross, I can’t stand people like that, they are my kryptonite. Funny how irony always finds itself to go full circle… he will get what he deserves, whatever that means in this situation.

Should be a pretty sweet outdoor life article
Yeah, the way he tried to validate his leg shot and discredit her gut shot is wild. Also, his idea to push the wounded deer so it keeps bleeding is something I have never heard anyone speak of. He wrote as if the deer beds down and dies, you can lose the blood trail and not recover the deer. If the deer beds and dies, doesn't that mean that the blood trail ends at a dead deer, lol? Not that it matters, I don't believe either of their stories 100%.

It is sad that taking multiple ill-prepared shots at 600+ yards at animals is now the norm for rifle hunting.

wmr89

WKR
Its general season deer in Utah. The fact that there wasnt 4 times the shooting and that it didnt all take place for a two point is the most unbelievable part of the entire story.
My buddy witnessed a guy miss a 3x3 SEVEN times last weekend. 😂 at some point while you are reloading your magazine the though "Maybe I am just a bad shot and should stop" has to cross your mind, right?

CorbLand

WKR
My buddy witnessed a guy miss a 3x3 SEVEN times last weekend. 😂 at some point while you are reloading your magazine the though "Maybe I am just a bad shot and should stop" has to cross your mind, right?
I will preface this that it was a little kid and I do not mean to throw any shame his way but I watched a kid miss a deer 30 plus times. He started shooting at the deer around 200 yards and the last couple shots were well over 900.

I was above them and his dad just kept handing him mags.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
Shooting that far without ranging is shocking. Even serious long range shooters would be pushed to make a good shot at that distance without any ranging/windage. Just wild people are taking those shots (and admitting it) in real life.

Why get close to an animal you're hunting when you can just YOLO lead and scoop up what you happen to hit on the way across the valley. :cool:

Ucsdryder

WKR
I will preface this that it was a little kid and I do not mean to throw any shame his way but I watched a kid miss a deer 30 plus times. He started shooting at the deer around 200 yards and the last couple shots were well over 900.

I was above them and his dad just kept handing him mags.
About 30 years ago, maybe a little longer, my dad and I used to hunt the high desert. I was too young to carry a gun. He had his 270 BAR. We’d ride horses with dogs in the sage until we jumped a big one. Then the rodeo would begin!

We’d jump off the horses, which would usually run like the ghost of satan was on their asses and he’d start shooting at the deer running as fast as a damn cheetah while being chased by 2 cow dogs barking on his heels. My job was to reload the magazines. They were 4 rounders if I remember correctly, and I’d reload them off his leather pouch on his belt, the ones that you could fit 20 rounds in. He’d stop shooting when they were out of sight, which usually was a long way away! 30 years ago the thought of ethics in that situation never crossed our minds. It sure was fun…up until it was time to go chase down the dirty nags that were usually about as far away as the buck!

I’d give a small fortune and a testicle to do that one more time…

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
She wrote, "Sure enough, the deer had 4 shots. My 2 shots with a 6.5 PRC and 2 were his where he had shot him from close range." What about the leg shot? Aram states he hit it three times. The initial leg injury and two more just before the deer died. She even states 2 shots from Aram at close range. Wouldn't that mean there would be five gunshot wounds if she hit it twice? Maybe I am just over analyzing it.

amassi

WKR
Hear that’s a great way to track any animal especially an elk after a marginal shot… they ain’t moving they ain’t bleeding ;)

Knee wounds be tricky like that
Knee stops bending, blood stops flowin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Feels like both parties had no business shooting this deer. From the sounds of it, they were both just using Kentucky windage and hoping for some kind of hit and a blood trail to be able to finish the deer off. Beyond that, it's hard to draw any info from their stories as neither story leads me to believe they're being completely honest. They both say things that seem a little fishy or like maybe they're leaving some things out or adding things to make themselves look better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

For all we know she hit it 3 times-leg called miss by sound, guts, heart.
and the deer was dying or dead when he ran up on it and shot it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.