Applying for my first tag this year

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Let me make sure I'm understanding this right. In ID i can apply for deer and/or elk the same year I apply for goat just not two trophy species in the same year right?

Not exactly. I believe what Robby was referring to are the "unlimited" tags. To be honest, I dont know exactly what those are. I think they are basically like an OTC unit. I know for sure though that you can apply for deer/elk/antelope(all 3) OR a trophy species.

Robby will have to clarify the unlimited hunt.

weaver

WKR
Not exactly. I believe what Robby was referring to are the "unlimited" tags. To be honest, I dont know exactly what those are. I think they are basically like an OTC unit. I know for sure though that you can apply for deer/elk/antelope(all 3) OR a trophy species.

Robby will have to clarify the unlimited hunt.

The unlimited tags you still have to apply for through the draw then you can only hunt that unit. With the otc tag you can hunt statewide in any general season.

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The unlimited tags you still have to apply for through the draw then you can only hunt that unit. With the otc tag you can hunt statewide in any general season.

Soooooo, it is basically like an OTC unit except you have to apply for the tag?

weaver

WKR
Yes but you can only hunt that unit. The otc tag you can hunt in any general season throughout the state.

When you look at the controlled hunt section for deer and elk, anything that says unlimited you can apply for.

You can also apply for black bear and turkey hunts, as well as depredation hunts. You can also apply for anything that comes up on the second drawing.

Ray

WKR
Move to AK in mid summer at the latest so that you are a resident in one year before the next season starts.

Hunt sheep and goats with free OTC tags. Registration hunts for goats will require flying travel. Once you are a resident you can afford to start applying for draw permits and get in some great goat hunts with good draw odds.

parshal

WKR
In CO, it is a paper app only and you MUST have the sheep goat and moose booklet to get the app. You CANNOT download it online. Request the booklet from the DOW.

Is that for non-residents only? As a resident, I've able to apply online for the last few years although I've only been putting in for preference points.