Anyone turn in a tag in Colorado due to medical issues?

Jacack

WKR
Wondering if anyone has turned in a tag in Colorado for a medical issues.

I am at less than 30 days from my hunt and now my wife needs to have surgery 3 days before my season starts and will need 10 -14 days recovery . Dr filled out the form from co and I am sending it in Monday but was curious if anyone else has gone through this .

Marble

WKR
I haven't done CO. But I have done it in Idaho and Montana. Both times I called before I sent it in. The people were very nice and accommodating. When I called, both times I got a person and a direct email to someone to deal with instead of a generic inbox.

Best of luck and hopefully a speedy recovery for your wife.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I did back in 2009 when I broke my ankle before the season. They Gave me my points back but charged me for another tag- double dipped.

Or I had the option to get a refund but then lose my points.

Nice huh?

In 2022 my dad had a seizure on our way to deer hunt in CO 2 days before season. They offered points or money returned but not both.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Thanks guys. I printed the form from the website and had dr sign. Maybe I will call before I mail it.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
turned everything in , sent it return receipt. it was delivered on Friday the 30th, for guys that have done it how long did it take to restore the points? I checked this am and still shows my tag as active?

was going to call but figured i would ask here first

sndmn11

WKR
turned everything in , sent it return receipt. it was delivered on Friday the 30th, for guys that have done it how long did it take to restore the points? I checked this am and still shows my tag as active?

was going to call but figured i would ask here first
My dad has pancreatic cancer since 2020 and sometimes he has been too sick to hunt, while other times he has been ok. When he turns them back in within the 30 day window using the medical form, he says he has never noticed receiving any official confirmation.

I haven't read the form, so I didn't realize you could use it for a family member's medical issue.

slowyota

FNG
I had this happen in Utah on a Limited Entry elk hunt. MIL passed away unexpectedly 2 days into my hunt. Called the state and completed the paperwork and they allowed me to move my hunt to the following year. The state was great to work with.

atfrith

FNG
This year, unfortunately. Fractured my elbow 2 weeks ago, just a few days before the archery opener. I completed the paperwork on the CPW site and had the doctor sign his portion. Dropped off at the CPW office in Fort Collins the Friday before season started.

I picked up this tag during the leftover draw, so no points used, simply a refund request. I'm unsure how quick to expect a refund, but as of right now, it's still showing as an active license on my online portal.

A couple years ago my wife decided to turn in a tag for non medical reasons, it was well before the 30 day window and it took probably 8 months to get her points restored.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
This year, unfortunately. Fractured my elbow 2 weeks ago, just a few days before the archery opener. I completed the paperwork on the CPW site and had the doctor sign his portion. Dropped off at the CPW office in Fort Collins the Friday before season started.

I picked up this tag during the leftover draw, so no points used, simply a refund request. I'm unsure how quick to expect a refund, but as of right now, it's still showing as an active license on my online portal.

A couple years ago my wife decided to turn in a tag for non medical reasons, it was well before the 30 day window and it took probably 8 months to get her points restored.
Ok thats what I was looking for. Didn't want to call and bother them if it takes time.
Mine shows the same still a active lic even know I turned it in.

atfrith

FNG
Ok thats what I was looking for. Didn't want to call and bother them if it takes time.
Mine shows the same still a active lic even know I turned it in.
Yes they were very upfront with us about the time frame a couple years ago, hence why I didn't push it with the questions this year. I presume it will take just as long this go around.

When the points were finally restored, an email was sent similar to what you receive when you do or don't draw a tag. So that was good to put our minds at ease when that finally came through.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Yes they were very upfront with us about the time frame a couple years ago, hence why I didn't push it with the questions this year. I presume it will take just as long this go around.

When the points were finally restored, an email was sent similar to what you receive when you do or don't draw a tag. So that was good to put our minds at ease when that finally came throu

Thanks