Anyone live in buena vista?

Jvco

FNG
Yeah it's the Comanche. BV hasn't turned into quite the trust fund circus Salida has but it's not far behind.

Agree with this but it's still better than the front range, I'll take it any day over what Denver/springs has become.

I love that area, I just don't care for what it is becoming. Pretty much like so many other places around the state. BV, Salida, Carbondale, Steamboat, Telluride, Durango........they all used to be great.........not so much anymore.

You can always get a good meal at Jan's.

Silverton is still pretty cool, but I was there last year and saw 12 Ferrari's in town. Luckily just passing through though.

Ya those ferraris made it up through Redstone as well, tried to get one of the guys to let me take his down Hwy 133. He didn't laugh, but who would let the cowboy that was dragging 2 mules through town after 8 hrs on the mountain get into their leather seat ferrari. But hey imo my saddle was probably more quality leather than that thing

ColoradoV

WKR
Yea Colorado is changin.. Grew up hanging out with friends in the projector area in the drive in switching reels of film same great family still owns it. Take my kido's now good entertainment.

Frito likes the Crank! The double IPA is better IMO and the best is the bourbon barrel aged Java stout if you can get your hands on it.. All are brewed by complete stud genius's lol.... The guys over at the deer hammer are putting out some great whiskey that you might want to ck out as well.

Most of the folks who have bee here for awhile are down to earth some of the new folks not so much. Town has doubled in size the past 20 years but the high school has gotten smaller.. Lots of winter birds flyin or limpin their old ass around most are bitchin about the snow daily right now. Snow actually only on the ground only a couple months of the year no real mud season.. Windy but not wyoming windy.. Good fishing on the river, great high lakes, and good places to catch stockers. The front range is 2 hrs if you ever need to get down to the chitty to confirm why you dont live there.

Schools old same one I went to or we need a new one but the non tire changin beards were successful in voting down a new school in the last election. I guess their daddy's did not have the money to build community through education. No rec Mary Jane here as it has been voted down - wonder where the beards were on that one but in the end it pry saved daddy some $... Great coaches at the school or football was state champs in 15' the community values sports here.

Skiing at monarch/cooper is good family fun. Town deer are huge but tame pets and should be treated as such.

As others have said big mountains that beat anyone up. Great backcountry skiing/snowmobiling 10 min from town.

Hunting sucks no big bucks or bulls in any unit with in 50 or more miles of here lol..

I will ck my pm's

V