6.5 PRC Reloading Success

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
I got my new Xbolt Pro in 6.5PRC and topped it with a VX6 4-24X52, just a few weeks before a Texas hunting trip so I didn't have much time to tinker with. I chose the 142 ABLR and put Retumbo behind it. I got it shooting the best I could with only a few range sessions. My first hunting shot, I dropped this nice 9pt in its tracks. 212 yard shot. Had to adjust elevation 2MOA. Shot was spot on, a little left from aim point, but wind was blowing 20mph, but nothing to complain about. Pretty happy with the results. Now I can shoot more and find a better load. Retumbo may be a tad slow powder, going to try the H1000. I'm going to mount him with the pose attached.
1000003591.jpg1000003685.jpg

Schwarz06

FNG
Mind sharing your powder charge? And also distance to lands if you happen to know. I've been tinkering with this exact load for a while with very limited success. Right when I think I have a load worked up I make up the same load to verify and it falls apart.

OP
FLHunter87

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Mind sharing your powder charge? And also distance to lands if you happen to know. I've been tinkering with this exact load for a while with very limited success. Right when I think I have a load worked up I make up the same load to verify and it falls apart.
57.9 and at. 070 off lands. .050 and. 070 shoot the same. I have read and seen people going .100-.125 off lands. I'm trying to get .5" or less. I just don't think Retumbo is good enough for my rifle. Time will tell though.

OP
FLHunter87

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Here's an update