Anyone like to cook / bake?

In the immortal words of homer Simpson “Mmmmmmmmmm ,….. Food Pie”. I have ended up being the default cook in our relationship. She is not very good at it. I’ll see if I can dig up my recipe for beef borgognion Borgen young. Fing auto spell!! It also works nicely with venison or Elk. Do you want a recipe for chili?

I do 90% of dinner cooking at our house which I enjoy. I usually try to bbq/smoke something every weekend. Lately I've been doing pork ribs. Cheap, tasty and 6 hours on the grill while I do stuff around the house.

Enjoy cooking. Wife isn’t great at it. Think my MIL had higher aspirations for her daughters so she didn’t teach them anything “domestic”. Last night was pulled pork tacos. Enjoy smoking meatEvery weekend we are not out on adventures. Been making a lot of zucchini, acorn squash, and pumpkin bread lately with our garden producing lots. Make a pretty good pizza in the offset smoker using cast iron too. I’ll see if I can dig up some of my favorite recipes.

Glad I'm not the only none. She can cook but doesn't enjoy it. My grandma used to make the best Dutch apple pie, my aunts got her recipe and will not share it.

Love cooking. I do pretty much 100% in our house but I hate baking. I’ve tried several times but don’t like the recipe/exactness of it. Luckily my wife is a great baker so it works out pretty well.

I like to cook. Baking mostly.

You see some folks using the timers, if you can smell it, close to being done.

Wife can and does cook, not bad at all.

Despise doing the dishes, so I'm the one who cooks, lol. Baking is a different story, as much as I try, it is not my strong point. I'd be down for a recipe sharing thread too, got an entire spreadsheet saved on my Google drive just for that.

We split the cooking duties as well but I definitely enjoy cooking. Mainly because i get to put what i want in the recipe. wife's a good cook but doesn't like using garlic or onions!

I do the cooking in our home. My wife is a fine cook, but I enjoy it, so it's mine. It also means that I don't have to clean up after. A fair split in my world.

A funny thing about pie recipes. Most of the best ones that I've had or baked came straight off of a package of some ingredient used. Pumpkin off the can. Apple pie off the flour sack, I think it was King Arthur. 90% of a good pie is a good crust.

Jeremy

I don't cook, never learned how, never wanted to. My wife is a great cook. I'm great at cleaning up afterwards. A good split for me. Side note, I hate the taste of pie crust, too dry.

We split the cooking and baking in our house depending on who is home and kids schedules. I generally do more cooking and she does more baking.

I make chicken pot pies quite a bit in single serving dishes. Good for dinner and lunch the next day. I hate making pie crust so it’s store bought though. It’s also a good one that I can make the filling the night before, and she can assemble and bake if I am not around.

Hell yea I do a ton of cooking. Just made a braised boar roast on Monday

This is a great savory recipe for fall/winter - we make it all the time:

My wife cooks most of the meals, but I cook the best ones.

My ideal day in retirement is to get up with the early grey morning light, enjoy a good cup of coffee with the sunrise, recreate all day, then cook a legit dinner, pig out, and go to bed early to do it all over again.

My Mom was one of those farmer’s daughters that cooked starting at 10 on a wood stove with her mom for the family and hired hands.Then a farm wife that got called to bake pies for bake sales around our small community. I was sure blessed to have her as a Mom, and I married a good cook too.

Here’s 2 links about like 2 Mom used to make. I travelled for construction work 33 years and ate at diners in about 30 states , and I think I saw the old fashioned cream pie just a couple times. A regional thing. There was 3 or 4 at her funeral dinner.
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/green-tomato-pie/bf3369e2-ebad-4465-81bf-84cad52c9bdf. Dad liked the Nutmeg for that.

https://www.savingdessert.com/no-34-hoosier-sugar-cream-pie/

I like new recipes for game, can't figure it out. They are all great tasting! have'nt found a bad one yet. Just did some wild turkey enchiladas.

Back