Anyone know the utah antelope game?

I have pulled back to back LE deer and elk tags which means I am on a waiting period for both, which leaves only antelope for a few years. I don't know anything about them. I am looking for an easy to draw unit with lots of access and opportunity not really looking for trophy animals as I don't really know the difference between a big goat and a small one....and its utah. also I am only looking at archery hunting.
Any advice or information is appreciated.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
On your 5 year elk and 3 year deer waiting period you my have way to much luck. I'd put in for the unit with most tags increase your odds ( you may not need it) which is probably plateau/ boulder.

RUTTIN

WKR
On my elk waiting period I pulled a archery antelope tag 2 times. Look at the draw odds and number of tags and pick a unit, good luck to you in the draws!

RUTTIN

WKR
Actually they just transplanted a lot of antelope off of plateau, when the year I drew plateau they only had 400 antelope on the unit when there was supposed to be 1300. They had just done a transplant off the unit that winter and took way to many. I went with a friend last year and they were starting to come back, but with the recent transplant who knows what the unit is like.

Silentstalker

Lil-Rokslider
They have been moving antelope off this unit for years. I think with an opportunity/fun hunt goal as he mentioned, he should still have a great hunt. There are still plenty of antelope down there.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a mismanaged unit in my mind but it does allow for the most opportunity. I think the transplants have dispersed antelope into larger areas. Still plenty of antelope on plateau

OP
Broken Compass
So it's looking like I drew a plateau archery tag. any advice would be awesome. How much do they move throughout the summer? I should have plenty of weekends to scout. I just don't know how soon to start looking. I live probably 2.5 hrs from the unit. My wife's cousin grew up in antimony so hopefully he will be of some help.. Anyway any help is appreciated.