Anyone have experience with the Simms Confluence Waders

twall13

WKR
I am booked for an Alaska Moose hunt for September 2025. From talking with others who have hunted this area, it sounds like I'll be living in waders every day. I have a pair of Simms Freestone waders in decent shape but they have enough use on them that I'm considering upgrading before the trip just to be safe. They aren't the highest end Simms makes, but they fit me well, which I can't say about a lot of other stocking foot waders I've used in the past.

I initially started looking at the G3, which is the safe choice for a hunt like this. Then I noticed the new Confluence, which have built in knee pads that could be a nice feature on a hunt like this. Anyone have any real world use on these? Would they hold up well to a moose hunt and subsequent fishing? I have some time to figure it out but just wondered if anyone had any feedback or recommendations. I also see that Sierra has the now discontinued Guide waders for a good price, but I'm not sure they would be much better than what I already have. Any thoughts are appreciated.