anyone have experience with Sitka Traverse pants?

Rathmatik

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of the clearance Traverse pants from EuroOptic for spring turkey, so I think they're the 2021 version. They were extremely comfortable and kept me cool. I'm probably going to pick up another pair or so in solids.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Though I’m sure they were good pants, I thought they were way to baggy from the knee down. I ended up returning them.

If I'm wearing the Traverses I'm probably 99% of the time wearing gaiters. They are definitely looser knee down vs the Ascents

Funny that's how almost all pants used to fit, there was no such thing as taper not that too far back :ROFLMAO:

Happy to report that recently getting back from a bear hunt, the Traverses were perfect. A little warmer than my Ascents, but not so warm to be uncomfortable when temps reached the low 60's.

They appear to be reasonably tough too, having to negotiate a bunch of blowdown with no ill effect.
Would the timberlines have been too heavy for you? Trying to decide what to bring on my upcoming bear hunt

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would the timberlines have been too heavy for you? Trying to decide what to bring on my upcoming bear hunt

Yeah I think they would have- probably fine in the morning or late evening, but the time in between I think they would have been too warm.

Temps were mid 30's lows and mid-upper 50's highs.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick update; wore the Traverse's on two short backpack hunts recently- perfect. Just what I was looking for- something a little warmer and weather resistant (and durable) than the Ascent, but less so than the Timberline pants.

Right in between :)