Anyone Glue Nylon Fabrics?

strousek

WKR
I have been trying to find the perfect pair of super lightweight down slippers for backpacking. I have yet to a pair that have all the qualities I am looking for. At this point I am interested in making my own so that I can address all the items and want. I have a pair of ripstop down filled booties but the bottoms are not strong enough. Instead of stitching and trying to seam seal I was thinking of gluing the 1680D Ballistic fabric from RSBTR on the bottom. Anyone have experience gluing nylons together?

WoodBow

WKR
I don't think you will have a problem. Contact cement will probably work fine.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
I have been trying to find the perfect pair of super lightweight down slippers for backpacking. I have yet to a pair that have all the qualities I am looking for. At this point I am interested in making my own so that I can address all the items and want. I have a pair of ripstop down filled booties but the bottoms are not strong enough. Instead of stitching and trying to seam seal I was thinking of gluing the 1680D Ballistic fabric from RSBTR on the bottom. Anyone have experience gluing nylons together?

Shoe goo works well for what you’re doing.

28476379-73E6-414E-9D03-101378A17B25.jpeg

252to208

FNG
I have used e6000 glue in the past for gluing patches on sleeping bags and puffies and it stays fairly flexible if thats a concern of yours.

OP
strousek

strousek

WKR
Flexibility is the main concern. Not looking to go hiking in these booties but nice to be able to walk around camp and go filter water at the creek and such with them on. The reinforced sole will need to have some flexibility. Thank you guys for the input.

TaperPin

WKR
Flexibility is the main concern. Not looking to go hiking in these booties but nice to be able to walk around camp and go filter water at the creek and such with them on. The reinforced sole will need to have some flexibility. Thank you guys for the input.
Shoe goo is soft rubbery ish, especially in thin layers. Even a pack cloth like 300d to 500d will hold up quite well with occasional use. I’ve made over the boot hip waders with a 300d to cross a knee deep stream at our trailhead and they have held up for years. A number of dots of Shoe Goo also work well for a little extra traction if your booties get a little slick.