Anyone from Pendleton OR area?

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Pendleton is a good place, I live about an hour north of there in Washington, can think of a lot of places that would be worse to live in. 69ChrisCraft, WTH were you thinking, picking NE over OR!? LOL

Seriously! The job itself in Nebraska was much more promising. Time will tell if it pays off to have turned down the hunting and fishing opportunities for a few years. I nearly applied for a job in Connell, WA and I know the tri-cities area fairly well. Hey, if anything it'll allow me to appreciate my next destination that much more.

OP
ScottP

ScottP

WKR
ChrisCraft - thanks for the photos. Beautiful area no doubt!

I'll keep you all informed. The decision must be made by end of day today or early tomorrow. They sure rush you after not hearing jack for more than a month after she interviewed.

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
Scott,

Pendleton is a great area for the outdoors. Elk and deer hunting close by. Great fishing in the Columbia for huge walleye, steelhead, small mouth bass, sturgeon and other fish within about 1 hours drive. If you are looking for a nice house let me know. We just moved my wife's Grandma up here due to her age and health and her house will be on the market shortly.

Hey 69ChrisCraft, I was just pulling your leg a little, didn't mean any offense, I hope none was taken. I know that there are times when we all do what we have to, even though it may be not be the thing we want to.

OP
ScottP

ScottP

WKR
We are going. Date not determined yet, but likely before end of May. Hopefully I'll run into some of you guys that live out that way.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Hey 69ChrisCraft, I was just pulling your leg a little, didn't mean any offense, I hope none was taken. I know that there are times when we all do what we have to, even though it may be not be the thing we want to.

None taken at all. Lately I've been thinkin the very same thing....

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
We are going. Date not determined yet, but likely before end of May. Hopefully I'll run into some of you guys that live out that way.

Congrats! I think you'll enjoy it! Better get out the big fish gear, that'll be just in time to get into the big sturgeon. Best of luck with the move.

gwl79902

WKR
steelhead on the wallowa river is nutz right now. 3 fish a day and limits are the norm right now. Umatila is putting out lots of steelheads
but the tride did not fin clip their fish so it is a catch and release thing now. You will love it wellnot the clod layer inversions but the do
not last for ever.

OP
ScottP

ScottP

WKR
steelhead on the wallowa river is nutz right now. 3 fish a day and limits are the norm right now. Umatila is putting out lots of steelheads
but the tride did not fin clip their fish so it is a catch and release thing now. You will love it wellnot the clod layer inversions but the do
not last for ever.

sweet! I heard from some folks that it can be real 'cloudy' during the winter. Having grown up in the midwest where we would go without seeing the sun for week+ during winter, I'll manage :)

Definitely the fog and clouds in the winter is a little downer. but you will definitely be able to head any direction and go hunting all different critters. Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetails, Blacktails, Antelope, Bears and all kinds of birds and predators. I live about 2 1/2 hours from Pendleton to the west, my kids played sports against them all through High School. I think a guy that likes hunting could really end up liking it there! Good Luck and welcome to OR if you decide to go!

OP
ScottP

ScottP

WKR
Definitely the fog and clouds in the winter is a little downer. but you will definitely be able to head any direction and go hunting all different critters. Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetails, Blacktails, Antelope, Bears and all kinds of birds and predators. I live about 2 1/2 hours from Pendleton to the west, my kids played sports against them all through High School. I think a guy that likes hunting could really end up liking it there! Good Luck and welcome to OR if you decide to go!

Awesome variety! We'll be moving ~June 14. Another adventure for sure, I'm definitely looking forward to <7months of winter ;)

Shadow14

WKR
I know this is an old thread but I too now have a possible job opportunity in Pendleton. I currently live in Prineville and have visited Pendelton once. I know the hunting is good but how is the trout fishing? How is the community and price of housing?

OP
ScottP

ScottP

WKR
Trout fishing is ok, there are a few places ~45min you can go to. Otherwise, plenty of stream and mountain lake fishing over in Wallowa, Union, and Baker Counties. I haven't fished out your way, so can't draw any comparisons. I really like the community here, going on 5 years now. Just about the right size for us. Housing prices are probably average? Lots of new building going on right now as there isn't great stuff on the market. I hear that finding the right place can take some time.

TJ

WKR
I know this is an old thread but I too now have a possible job opportunity in Pendleton. I currently live in Prineville and have visited Pendelton once. I know the hunting is good but how is the trout fishing? How is the community and price of housing?

Personally I like Prineville better than Pendleton. I live near Hermiston now, worked out of Pendleton for a while about 9 years ago. Hunting and fishing in the Prineville area is a lot better and closer. That said housing will probably be a little cheaper compared to the central Oregon area. (I have a house at Crooked River Ranch). Probably more houses built in the Hermiston area compared to Pendleton. I'm not sure I could live in Pendleton, but Stanfield, Hermiston are only 20 - 25 minutes from there. There are a lot of job opportunities in this area.

Life in general is a lot more laid back than the Central Oregon area.

These are just my opinions though!