anyone else eat supper on the trail vs camp?

I was going to hike to a glassing spot and return to camp when the sun went down (9-ish now). I decided to bring my stove and supper with and eat it on the hill. I'm now starting to think this isn't too bad a strategy for backpack hunting as well :D
Loved this when we tried it last year during Sept. elk !!

Sun sets pretty late still in Sept., plus getting up pre-sunrise, so my desire for sleep was also an inspiration for this. Things got slow in the late afternoon so we'd break out the jetboil and enjoy a hot meal before the pre-sunset hunting push.

When we arrived back in camp after dark we'd often find ourselves a little hungry, but some nuts or snacks were perfect to take care of that quickly before bed. On one hand I'm envious of guys with big camps, whether basecamp or packing one in on horses, but honestly think I'd be too tired at night to take advantage of it.

Simple seems to work best for me.

rcb2000

WKR
I am the opposite, I usually just want coffee in the morning and don’t get hungry until about 10 o’clock, so I have considered making breakfast and throwing it in my pack to eat while I’m glassing.