Anyone convert a stand up freeze to a fridge to hang elk quarters?

Elite

WKR
I am looking at rigging up a stand up freezer with a controller to turn it into a fridge for hanging elk quarters. Curious if anyone has done this before and if the quarters would fit?

I would build a internal frame and then hang from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiker270

WKR
My buddy came up with a rather inexpensive walk in cooler. He bought a cheap 6x6 shed off facebook marketplace insulated it. Bought a CoolBot and a 8000 Btu Lg air conditioner. Hung my elk quarters in it for 2 days and it works great. Keeps the shed a constant 37 degrees. Claims he has just over $1200 in the whole deal.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I used a two door beer display cooler that quit working and installed a coolbot with small air condioner. Solid unit holds meat at 34-36 degree in any conditions.

Can you fit elk quarters?

TaperPin

WKR
If you end up going with a freezer - a controller like the beer fridge guys use to convert a chest freezer to fridge temps is simple to retrofit.

.IMG_0001.jpeg

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
Any chance you have some measurements or the size of the freezer?

Inside dimensions of pop cooler were 40 inch wide by 56 inch high. The original compressor was mounted underneath this opening and simply removed and now a void. Came with nice casters so you can move wherever. Commonly available from used restaurant supply auctions with non working compressors for under $100

Maverick1

WKR
I met someone that turned the back end of an old ice cream truck into a meat locker. Worked great!

win223

FNG
I use Inkbird controllers for temperature and humidity in a stand up freezer, works pretty slick. Great for aging sausage/salami too