Anybody carry a fixed blade knife on their belt while hunting?

OneGunTex

FNG
I carry one. For several reasons:
- My Buck knife has been "My Hunting Knife" for as long as I've been hunting. It's sentimental.
- It has a guthook. 100% necessary feature IMHO
- You can never have too many knives. I typically also have a folder and a leatherman readily accessible, and a GPK tucked away for emergencies.

tony

WKR
I bought one of these recently, as well built as any few hundred dollar knife.
The ferro throws crazy sparks. The leather sheath is well stitched, a fixed blade knife system needs a “dangler”. Makes all the difference
$40.00 on amazon, made in the Ukraine

Flazyj

FNG
I would like to find a place that works consistently to carry one, but I usually just carry a folder in my front pocket, and sheath knife in my pack. 3in Spyderco does 95% of what I need done.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
I dont use a backpack because it makes you bring crap you don't need (single day white tail hunts). A small fanny pack holds more than enough, and an old timer knife on the belt.

I have a havalon as backup, but I like the strength of the fixed blade. The havalon is great, but not at gutting imo.

wyodog

Lil-Rokslider
The fixed blade is in the pack and folder in pocket. I always felt like the fixed blade was an issue when wearing a pack.

hikenhunt

WKR
I used to carry a fixed blade on my pack belt, but I didn't feel like I used it enough to keep it that handy. I never lost it but carry knives in my pack now.

I always do. Leather dangler to get below the pack belt. Doesn't feel like hunting to me if I don't have a knife on :)

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I hate having much more than a handkerchief in my pockets so I wear a Leatherman Wave on my belt everyday, it feels normal to to me carrying a 4" belt knife on my belt when outdoors.

There’s a really nice (and expensive) knife laying in the mountains of Idaho where my avatar picture was taken. If anyone finds it, you earned it.

After that hunt I now carry an orange handled Benchmade Bugout in my pocket and an orange handled Havalon with 2 extra blades in my pack. Not as sexy as some of the custom knives posted but they weigh 3.5 oz combined and if I lose one I’m not heart broken.

I keep an ESEE fixed blade attached to the bottom of my bino harness in its kydex sheath. Use it for skinning game, whittling sticks and just like having it to be honest. While hunting in South Africa I would try all the different rocks I would find as sharpening stones then let the PH test it by shaving his arm hair. Passes time and is a good convo piece.