Any Turnpike Troubadours fans here?

Evan Felker is the guest on the Meateater podcast episode that dropped today.
1_TrEaMbmvOabkaC-ZMCj41w.jpg

Evan Felker is the guest on the Meateater podcast episode that dropped today.
View attachment 633075

thought it was a good pod. Talked a lot about sobriety, hunting, Evan’s background, and he played something at the end that was great ;)

thought it was a good pod. Talked a lot about sobriety, hunting, Evan’s background, and he played something at the end that was great ;)
Not a fan of them, even though I am an Okie...kinda. Good podcast though. The song at the end was really good.

Not a fan of them, even though I am an Okie...kinda. Good podcast though. The song at the end was really good.
I like listening to the Meateater podcast but Steve ruined this one for me. He's known for talking over guests but i can usually get past that. When you have a guest on like Felker, interesting guy and well spoken, I want to hear what he has to say. He couldn't get much out before Steve high jacking the conversation. I hadn't heard interviews with him before and this left me wanting more. Like when he had Cam Hanes on and they still have to go over the random news items before they get to the interview. You have some seriously interesting guest on, cut past the BS and let them tell their stories.

I love Turnpike, have a pretty low opinion of Evan, and usually enjoy the Meat eater podcast.

I really enjoyed this one though. Evan was interesting and likeable.

I was a little annoyed that he called the bars they came up playing really crappy though! Lol

Not a lot of hunting-related content in the podcast, but as a TT fan, what they actually discussed was more interesting to me.

I like listening to the Meateater podcast but Steve ruined this one for me. He's known for talking over guests but i can usually get past that. When you have a guest on like Felker, interesting guy and well spoken, I want to hear what he has to say. He couldn't get much out before Steve high jacking the conversation. I hadn't heard interviews with him before and this left me wanting more. Like when he had Cam Hanes on and they still have to go over the random news items before they get to the interview. You have some seriously interesting guest on, cut past the BS and let them tell their stories.
I just recently started listening to Meateater, and podcasts in general. im in the car 2 hours a day and my old car didn't have carplay so it was a pain to listen to them, but golden now I kind of like Cams better, but enjoy the banter lf Meateater. You are right, steve does tend to talk over folks and some of the "pre" stuff gets a bit annoying when you just want to hear the guest. They have had some good guests on in the most recent ones. I have not delved into the older library much yet. I"ll have to check out the Cam hanes episode.

It was an okay podcast. Steve was pretty overbearing at times and he doesn't mesh well with Felker who seems to not care for much media interaction as a general rule. But it definitely had some interesting moments and of course the song at the end sounded great.

I couldn't help but laugh though when Felker realized that he botched the lyrics.

Seen Turnpike this past summer for the first time. I’m glad they are making music again.

As some have commented, Turnpike came to the Alaska State Fair last year and they announced this morning Whiskey Meyers is coming in 2024! They’re finally giving the people what we want! Hopefully see some fellow Rokslide folks there! Sell it out so they keep bringing similar bands in.

Their website says their first album Firewater came out in 2011, but that can’t be true. We used to rock to Whiskey Meyers back in college a few years prior to that.

Spotify said I was in the top 1% of Turnpike listeners this year, so I guess I like 'em a bit.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back