Any Turnpike Troubadours fans here?

t_carlson

WKR
I know Lorrie.

Hold up a minute, man. I just have to clarify: You mean that figuratively, right?

I would never name names, but a member here once cock blocked the TT boys in Lawrence, KS. Had to been about 2010.

Isbell did the DBT's a favor when he left. They should be Patterson Hood 99% of the time.

What?????

Cooley > Hood.

Hell, my English Pointer is named Cooley.

Considering Turnpike put out 4 consecutive albums that were solid 12 song hits, one album is bound to be a little subpar of the rest. I'm a fan of the new album just as much as the rest of their music.

For me it's about the sound and they haven't strayed from their signature sound and I would be disappointed if they did. Saw them at our state fair this past weekend, it wasn't the concerts I remember in the earlier days but it was still good.

Cooley > Hood.

comeatmebr0.jpg

(I do like Cooley, and some of his songs are some of my favorites, but for my money Hood gives those deep dark vocals that envelops the entire vibe of the DBT's.)

sjwfarms

WKR
I've been listening to them for a long while now. Seen them live numerous times over the years and again two weeks ago. Great to see them back on stage, but did seem to lack a bit of the energy from old shows...Hell, I'm getting older and don't have the same energy I used to. Better to see them on stage sober than not at all.

Set list was great, all the old songs with one new one mixed in...now if Cody would just get the ragweed boys back together for a one time reunion tour...

Hold up a minute, man. I just have to clarify: You mean that figuratively, right?

What?????

Cooley > Hood.

Sorta. Lol There's a dark haired Lorrie that was a fixture at Mercury when they were. So we tease her.

Cooley is a better writer. But Hood embodies the sound. That dark, dirty, soulful groove...

Agreed that the new stuff isn't on par with the old, but it's still better than a lot of country music out there now. I like Mean Old Sun.
I agree that it's better than a lot of what's out there.

But there's a number of albums that have come out since their split that I've listened to over and over and over. I don't see that happening with this one.

It's not like it's only Sam Hunt and Jason Aldean making albums.

Set list was great, all the old songs with one new one mixed in...now if Cody would just get the ragweed boys back together for a one time reunion tour...
Cody has said he'll never share a stage with someone who sued him. And I don't blame him.

He's been playing mostly CCR songs the last few times I've seen him.

Can't blame him for that. Just glad I got to see them in their prime.

Now two weeks away from seeing the Reckless farewell tour. Which i'd argue is the best band of the alt/americana/red dirt bands.
The first time I saw Ragweed, they opened for Pat Green, and a whole bunch of times afterwards.

I couldn't make any of the Reckless farewell tour stops happen, but if we were having that argument, I'd be on your side. I've seen them quite a few times, it'll be a great show.

Longtime fan of TT, seen them live several times, glad they're touring and making new music again. However, I was underwhelmed by A Cat in the Rain and would rank it at the bottom of their album list...too much bluesy/melancholy stuff for my liking. l'll still keep 4-5 of the 10 songs in my regular playlist, which isn't bad, just not as good as the near 1.000 batting average of their other albums. They're still very talented musicians/songwriters, and I hope they return to a more upbeat sound in the future.

Well boys I suppose I’m an aged man with an altered point of view. I’ve paid $13 to see the TT’s with a hundred of my closest friends before and times they have a’changed. I loved their old stuff but bands themselves age and evolve and achieve new perspectives. It is with this in mind that I proclaim this new album is an evolution of a flawed man in a state of contrition, and perhaps it is because I can relate that I really like the gentle flowing harmonies and confessional lyrics.

SWOHTR

WKR
Well boys I suppose I’m an aged man with an altered point of view. I’ve paid $13 to see the TT’s with a hundred of my closest friends before and times they have a’changed. I loved their old stuff but bands themselves age and evolve and achieve new perspectives. It is with this in mind that I proclaim this new album is an evolution of a flawed man in a state of contrition, and perhaps it is because I can relate that I really like the gentle flowing harmonies and confessional lyrics.
Me too.