Any Turnpike Troubadours fans here?

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
I had to quit playing 'Deep Satin' because I didn't want to wear it out for myself. I agree, one of his best songs so far.

I'm on the opposite side when it comes to falling off, ZB plays with a lot of emotion, his writing seems tied to his life experiences pretty closely (mom dying, friends, girlfriends, ex wife, dog, etc) ... I think a divorce and some more hardship along with more overall life experiences might send him to another level.
I’ve really grown to love all the emotion that Zach Bryan brings to his writing. Some of his tunes cut real deep for me personally. I lost my mother to a grueling battle with cancer back in October and I can’t make it through songs about his mom, like “Sweet Deanne”.

I’ve really grown to love all the emotion that Zach Bryan brings to his writing. Some of his tunes cut real deep for me personally. I lost my mother to a grueling battle with cancer back in October and I can’t make it through songs about his mom, like “Sweet Deanne”.

I'm sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine.

Please consider also avoiding Jason Isbell's "Elephant." Man, that one guts me almost every time.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine.

Please consider also avoiding Jason Isbell's "Elephant." Man, that one guts me almost every time.
Thanks man. Worst part is, my 11 year old daughter loves ZB. Him and Turnpike are the only artists that we both love (she’s big into T Swift and pop country). We listen to him a lot. We’ll start going down the road blasting his music and when “Sweet Deanne” comes on, I have to immediately change the song, make sure my sunglasses are close to my face for good measure, and try to hold it together.

t_carlson

WKR
I've been listening to TT for a while, 2018ish. I'd probably put 'Brought Me' in my top 5.

I'm a little odd though, 'Come As You Are' is probably my favorite TT song (tied with 'Birdhunters').

Come As You Are is one of the most underrated TT songs out there. Maybe because it was only released as a single, or maybe it just has too slow of a tempo.

I had to quit playing 'Deep Satin' because I didn't want to wear it out for myself. I agree, one of his best songs so far.

I've had it on repeat for about 5 days straight now and haven't gotten tired of it yet.

Go ahead and indulge yourself...

That second verse in Brought Me has gotta be about his little escapade with Miranda Lambert right?

Yes, probably, along with a majority of the album.

Cat in the Rain is about when he was going off the rails down in SE TX.

My mom is still alive and I get chills down my neck every time I hear November Air.

That guy's ability to transmit emotion is unbelievable.

Thanks man. Worst part is, my 11 year old daughter loves ZB. Him and Turnpike are the only artists that we both love (she’s big into T Swift and pop country). We listen to him a lot. We’ll start going down the road blasting his music and when “Sweet Deanne” comes on, I have to immediately change the song, make sure my sunglasses are close to my face for good measure, and try to hold it together.
Zach Bryan is Red Dirt Taylor Swift.

MTtrout

WKR
I haven’t listened to their new album but heard ‘the rut’ when it was released. Need to listen to it again. The bird hunter has a special place in my heart and so does James McMurtry’s copper canteen. Many great songs from both.

MTtrout

WKR
If you don’t know this song check out Wade Montgomery ‘end of an age’. I love it when it comes on when working in my wood shop

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
He can definitely get his point across with lyrics.

'Billy Stay' always gets me.

KHNC

WKR
Anyone saw the arrest video of Zach Bryan recently? I love his music, but he was very "entitled prick" sounding on the clip.

On the fence about Zach Bryan. His voice is very Mumford-and-Sons-y which I'm not a huge fan of, but the songs are good.
All of his songs sound the same to me. There's a video going around social media of a guy playing one of his songs, singing just like him, but the lyrics are changed to Baby Got Back (I like big butts and I cannot lie...). Thought that was pretty funny.

^voice is almost a faked emotion to it, can't decide if it's real or fake. Like many I do like the songs and lyrics and they sound good but it's kind of a bug in the back of my mind.

I gotta find that baby got back version, maybe they'll do some other things like gin & juice or whatever lol.

All of his songs sound the same to me. There's a video going around social media of a guy playing one of his songs, singing just like him, but the lyrics are changed to Baby Got Back (I like big butts and I cannot lie...). Thought that was pretty funny.
That's my exact complaint, they all sound the same.

^voice is almost a faked emotion to it, can't decide if it's real or fake. Like many I do like the songs and lyrics and they sound good but it's kind of a bug in the back of my mind.

I gotta find that baby got back version, maybe they'll do some other things like gin & juice or whatever lol.
You familiar with The Gourds/Shinyribs? The Gin & Juice that is floating around attributed to a bunch of people is them.

They do B&@! Better Have My Money as well.

Last edited: