Any rumors about who will offer Deep Six broadheads??

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm aware that Muzzy and NAP have broadhead options for the new micro diameter Easton Injection shafts - anybody know if other broadhead companies are planning to follow suit? In case you are not aware of them, the new Easton shafts use a smaller and finer thread shank on the broadhead/fieldpoint. This allows them to keep the internal components and reduce diameter for less wind drift and better penetration. Loving the shafts, but would like more broadhead options before elk season. The new insert system is called Deep Six. They look just like the HIT inserts for Axis shafts, but they're stainless and smaller. Weight is 20 grains ea. for the inserts.

Coop

Coop,

I have heard that Grim Reaper has agreed to produce new Deep 6 heads AND that Dan Evans at Trophy Taker has announced that the Ulmer Edge will also be available in Deep 6. I am calling Trophy Taker tomorrow from the shop to try and confirm that one. If it is true here is what I am looking at running:

Carbon Element RKT at 28" (number 2s) 70.7 pounds
EASTON AC Injexion 390 around 26 7/8" inches
TIPPED with the ULMER EDGE!!!

Fletching...mmmm either 3 2.1" FUSIONS, 4 1.5" FUSIONS, or an AAE 2.3" low profile plastiFLEX MAX

STOKED TO RUN THEM THIS YEAR.

Just got off the phone with Trophy Taker!!! The Ulmer Edge will be offered in Deep 6 and they are hoping for a JULY product availability on it.

Campo

FNG
Same as the 125 grain model of the Ulmer Edge from what I heard...strange they are issuing the 100 grain model first but whatever. I can play around with my HIT inserts and boost them another 25 grains without much of a problem.

Just got off the phone with Trophy Taker!!! The Ulmer Edge will be offered in Deep 6 and they are hoping for a JULY product availability on it.

I got to see it at the ATA Show...LOOKS WICKED. Our NAP rep says that they were playing with it at 80 yards :) Impressive for a head like that!!!

OR Archer

WKR
I've seen the Big Nasty. The one thing I didn't like about this broadhead was the little adapter ring you had to slide into the back of the broadhead. I prefer broadheads that don't require such things. I will be running the D6 Thunderheads on my Injexions. Hopefully in the near future there will be more offerings which Im sure there will be. Ill bet that nearly all of the big name broadhead companies will have a D6 option by this time next year.

J-Daddy

WKR
J-Daddy...is this Dudley!!!

Nah it's not Dud...Coop & I used to email each other all the time back before DD Bowhunting released their first DVD...Then he got all famous and stopped emailing me, lol. I never see Dud anywhere around Iowa, his superstar status must keep him on lockdown all the time.

One of the main reasons I didn't switch to the Injection this year was the broadhead selection...I feel it was released too early. But I understand their reasons.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
All good news... what's a Ramcat?

I'll be looking forward to the Ulmer Edge. I had some prototypes last year that shot extremely well. Always been a fan of the G5 Stryker too - Killed a lot of critters with those bad boys!

I broke two blades on the D6 Spitfires now. Smoked a turkey last weekend - blew thru and came out of the ground minus a blade. Also had another shear off in my foam target. Maybe I have a piece of shrapnel in my block that caused it and the other could have hit something in the ground although the dirt was recently tilled and reasonably soft. Both blades broke in the same spot. I know the engineer so I'll see if I'm just unlucky...

Last edited:
Darin,

the RAMCAT is a fixed blade 1 3/8" cut from Fulton Precision...Smoke Broadheads. Released in 2010 at the ATA show. ramcatbroadheads.com AWESOME FIXED BLADE HEAD!!! I shot a 3" group a 90 yds with them!!! and drove them through the shoulder and out of this CO mule deer at 84 yds.

IMG_0214.jpg

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
i asked about the trophy taker shuttle t lok and they said they do not have plans for it at this time but hopefuly in the future. and i love t lok and want to shoot injexion..