Any raptor F150 owners?

prm

WKR
I have a friend who has had a few. He loves them. Had a cool video of clearing a tabletop jump at the motocross track. Those trucks are the real deal. I just have a regular F150.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have a super crew 2018 XLT F150, 6.5ft bed, and 36 gal tank. I have an Eibach coilover kit with new upper control arms (which have better ball joints) and a marginally bigger block in the back.

I was able to put 35” BFG TA/KO2’s on the factory 20” rims.

We don’t have to talk about the $30k in warranty work it needed or the fact that the doors freeze and won’t shut in cold, damp weather because that’s not the topic at hand.

Is a Raptor cooler? Yeah maybe, but I like the 6.5’ bed and bigger fuel tank and this setup was many thousands less than a raptor.

View attachment 720527

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Raptor has the 36 gallon tank.

wweaver

Lil-Rokslider
I have had three of them starting in 2017, have a shelter green 2024 37 package now and I love it. If you go the Gen 2 route try to get a 2020. A lot of bugs were worked out by then. My 2020 was the most solid one I had. I only put 47k on it but it was issue free. Run good synthetic oil, change it often and use premium gas. Yes they are wider and that limits them on narrow trails, you will get more pinstripes with one. But the resale, factory 35s ( or 37s ) and the ride make everything else about them makes it worth it.

OP
T
Putting aftermarket accessories on a base model truck doesn't put it in the same league as an OEM engineered off road truck.

No doubt… but it’s kind of like piecing together a tikka rifle yourself vs one of tikka high end models. Both fit some people great, and others not so great

Last edited:

gbflyer

WKR
From my research, raptors that see most or all pavement need to be rebuilt at 50/60k. If the truck is offroaded, then they need to be rebuilt sooner

I got mine used and it has a ton of miles on it. No idea when the shocks were rebuilt.

OP
T
I got mine used and it has a ton of miles on it. No idea when the shocks were rebuilt.

Do you know how the suspension is supposed to perform when new? I only ask because it could feel great to you but way out of spec for desert style racing like it’s setup for

Braaap

WKR
Do you know how the suspension is supposed to perform when new? I only ask because it could feel great to you but way out of spec for desert style racing like it’s setup for

I just installed rebuilt shocks on mine so I have a comparison of shocks with 133k miles and freshly rebuilt ones. Even with the shocks way overdue for a rebuild the raptor is unbelievable off-road compared to a regular truck. The rebuilt shocks are noticeably better, less nosedive braking, more controlled ride over bumps. I spend a lot of time off-road and expect to rebuild shocks every 30-50k but we will see how it goes. The shop that did the rebuild said the biggest issue is low nitrogen. This shop supplies a gauge with the rebuild to check the nitrogen pressure periodically.

OP
T
I just installed rebuilt shocks on mine so I have a comparison of shocks with 133k miles and freshly rebuilt ones. Even with the shocks way overdue for a rebuild the raptor is unbelievable off-road compared to a regular truck. The rebuilt shocks are noticeably better, less nosedive braking, more controlled ride over bumps. I spend a lot of time off-road and expect to rebuild shocks every 30-50k but we will see how it goes. The shop that did the rebuild said the biggest issue is low nitrogen. This shop supplies a gauge with the rebuild to check the nitrogen pressure periodically.

I appreciate the info! Who did you have rebuild them?