Any of you have a list of your Firearms?

Its a good idea to have a list of all your valuable possessions. Especially those you might want to replace if you had some calamity.

MNGrouser

Lil-Rokslider
I have a list with make, model, serial number & optic. I have a copy saved on my laptop and send an additional copy to my parents. No further distribution than that. My thinking is that, if someone takes them it will be much easier to report them to law enforcement with that list. Otherwise there is no need to publicize it while the guns are in my possession.

I work pretty closely with law enforcement. You'd be amazed how often we get a report that says, "A rifle was stolen from my deer shack. I think it was a 30-06." Good luck ever finding that gun again.

Gseith

WKR
What is everyone’s thoughts on showing the insurance company a list of all their firearms? I was very leery of doing so and finally decided not to.

I do have a list that I keep and every year will make a new video of the two that didn’t fall in the lake in a boating accident.

Ryan
I’m all for it, my wife on the other hand is worried about them having a list. She doesn’t want the government getting the list.

go_deep

WKR
Photo library stored on the cloud. Close picture of the SN, farther picture back showing the optic, or gun for description.

a list of what you got for yourself, fire-proof high quality gun safes and a high quality 24/7 monitored home security system with recording cameras. i had 3 false entry alarms in the past 5 years and state police were there in under 10 minutes. you aint breaking in, finding the safe and cracking it and loading up guns in 10 minutes. my smoke alarm went off while cooking and i had 3 different fire company fire trucks coming up my driveway in 13 minutes.

last i looked about 5 years ago most insurance companies want an annual premium of 3% of the value you are insuring. im sure its higher now. ah, NO!

Why would you show them a list? I would get a reasonable estimate for the total value and explore how it would be covered and if you needed a separate rider based on that.
Good luck getting an insurance company to cover guns that you don’t provide any info for. Or worse, have a break in and some go missing.

CJ19

WKR
Just started to make a list of all the Firearms and Optics I have just in case something happens like a Fire or theft.
I have been putting them in a Google Drive Doc.
My question is I have them listed as Make, Model, serial etc.
Would it also be a good thing to have MSRP prices in case of a loss?

With the last few years I have acquired some higher end optics and firearms and a total loss would be quite a bit of money.

With that said what about older firearms and price?
I have a few that have been passed down by family that is no longer with us like my dad and Uncle.
What kind of price would you put on something like that?
Would it be best to go off of a current gun value?
Not today Mr FBI man. Nice try.

Sandstrom

WKR
I called my insurance company today, they want a list, and $2.80 per $100.00 coverage. Broker said “don’t worry, only the insurance company will have the list” F that!
Ryan

ODB

WKR
I called my insurance company today, they want a list, and $2.80 per $100.00 coverage. Broker said “don’t worry, only the insurance company will have the list” F that!
Ryan

Ha
Ha ha
Ha ha ha
hahahahahahahahaha

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
Cor Vens has a good policy. I believe they cover $100K for about $350 a year. No need to supply serial numbers unless the gun is valued over $10K

Why are some of you so scared or paranoid to give a serial number to a insurance company? They already know where you live, the VIN of what you own, etc.

KenLee

WKR
I've been to lazy to make a list, but when I do, I intend to make 2 lists. One for PoPo/insurance value and a different value for a list I give to my son and brother.
A realistic street value will save alot of time and effort if I'm dead or incapacitated. Neither of them has a clue on values. They shop in my safes, or I deliver.

Bcon

FNG
Just started to make a list of all the Firearms and Optics I have just in case something happens like a Fire or theft.
I have been putting them in a Google Drive Doc.
My question is I have them listed as Make, Model, serial etc.
Would it also be a good thing to have MSRP prices in case of a loss?

With the last few years I have acquired some higher end optics and firearms and a total loss would be quite a bit of money.

With that said what about older firearms and price?
I have a few that have been passed down by family that is no longer with us like my dad and Uncle.
What kind of price would you put on something like that?
Would it be best to go off of a current gun value?
I do much the same. Listed all of the info you mentioned, and then also a statement about the history of each gun, maybe a story that is associated with it etc... and who it will go to, and then that included to our lawyer. Unfortunately, I watched my grandfathers' collection get sold on auction...kind of sucked.

Video, including serial number of the firearm and scope, if applicable.

Updated after each purchase or sale.

I’ve been paring down the last few years so my USAA policy would cover about 90% without a rider.

P