Any morels yet?!

snopro176

WKR
Last year, I became aware that we have morels in the sierras here in CA and after finally finding some, I'm obsessed. I went to a fresh burn and found them on maybe a 200' section of east facing hillside, nowhere else in the burn but there. Have you guys noticed little nooks that are better at growing them than others? I did note the ground i found them in had more dark brown dirt than the red dirt that was prevalent to the area. Also, how soon are you finding them after the snows gone?
b75d07fd068ab15f5e92c307a9fe2081.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Some guys I know here in North Carolina have started finding a few. I haven't stumbled on any yet. Some wet and warmer weather on the way, should make a few start popping.

My dad found a few in Tennessee a couple days ago. Gonna check the spot again today since we had a little rain over the weekend

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wildcat33

WKR
Too early in CO, at least in my parts. Might be some oysters soon though. They seem to show up a little earlier.

kda082

WKR
It's early here in KS but with the wet winter and spring and the warm weather recently, I'm going to start looking around my place this week. Should be a good year.

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
A few blacks here in Indiana but not enough to get excited about yet...

gumbl3

WKR
Found some at my spot here in Texas in late March, they were just starting to come up... 1st of April is usually Primo but I never got back to it.

It will be real good around Memorial Day in my neck of the Idaho woods. Picked and dried a heck of a lot last year. Really do well in areas that have seen logging and burns within a 5 year time frame. Lots of good scholarly research has been conducted on Morels.

What types of areas do you focus on to find them? I've got access to a bunch of river bottom property. What should I be looking for? I'm guessing the ticks will be in full force in the next week or so....treat clothes with permethrin?