Any Current Reviews on the Kuiu Axis Jacket

I have read one older review here on the site regarding the Kuiu Axis Jacket. Anyone else get there hands on one? If so how are you liking it? I'm contemplating upgrading from my DCS Guide Jacket but still on the fence.

Any info is appreciated. I hate to say it but I take reviews on the manufactures sites with a POUND of salt.

Thanks,

Ryan

Benjblt

WKR
I hate to say it but I take reviews on the manufactures sites with a POUND of salt.

Thanks,

Ryan

Especially Kuiu's. All their reviews are 5 stars. Suspect? I think so. Also, they sort their reviews from 5 star to 1 star (5 star coming first). How ridiculous.

Anyways, following. I'm interested as well. Looks like a great jacket that has more benefits then the Guide.

Benjblt

WKR
I ask Kuiu customer service this question: "Regarding the Axis series; is the Primeflex fabric as the Pro? Or more similar to the Guide or Attack? I asking mostly with respect to durability? Is the durability going to compare to the Pro or the Guide and Attack?"

This is how they responded (same day I might add): "Thank you for contacting us. The Pro and Guide pants will be the more durable of our outer layer pants, along with the Talus Hybrid pant. The Axis will be around one step more durable than the Attack pants. "

I don't know if this is helpful but I think this would apply to the jackets as well. I'm a little disappointed that the Axis series isn't at least as durable as the Guide series.

OP
R
I ask Kuiu customer service this question: "Regarding the Axis series; is the Primeflex fabric as the Pro? Or more similar to the Guide or Attack? I asking mostly with respect to durability? Is the durability going to compare to the Pro or the Guide and Attack?"

This is how they responded (same day I might add): "Thank you for contacting us. The Pro and Guide pants will be the more durable of our outer layer pants, along with the Talus Hybrid pant. The Axis will be around one step more durable than the Attack pants. "

I don't know if this is helpful but I think this would apply to the jackets as well. I'm a little disappointed that the Axis series isn't at least as durable as the Guide series.

It’s making it difficult to justify spending the money.

Just got kuiu'd today !! purchased the axis jacket ,axis pants, expedition gloves, kuiu pro hat , peloton 200 zip-T hoodie, merino 145 neck gaiter ,and the peloton 240 beanie. And I must say I am impressed ! This stuff is nice warm and looks and feels amazing. I like to test things so I put it all on, and it's raining here today I went out side for a half hour or so and walked around through the woods and it thick here and the water rolled off it like a piece of plastic I never had gear do that ... As far as durability I cant say much as I just got it but I walked through this thick jungle I got in the back yard kind of a swampy area and no picks hole or anything , we will see and update later through the deer season when I get out into it more ( 23 more days !!) Cant wait to put it through the test .

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I actually used mine for the first time this weekend and it worked very well I didn’t get to test how it is in wet weather but was very pleased in the mid 20 degree weather I was hunting in with very high winds. All I had was a merino longsleeve under the jacket while walking, then while glassing I put a sweatshirt between the merino and the jacket. I was happy with how It wasn’t too bulky and was comfortable when walking in.

As far as the reviews on kuiu you have to remember kuiu sends you an email a day or two after every order that asks you to review your purchase for a chance at a free gift card. That’s why the reviews are inflated in my opinion.. and usually not very accurate it’s hard to review something 2 days after you receive your gear. But people still want a chance at the gift card

Also you can sort the reviews and put the lowest rating at the top of you want to see the negative reviews.