Axis Thermal Hybrid Hooded Jacket - Review

I’m a little late with my reply but it seems like you had all your bases covered pretty well. How did it work out for you?
I went a little different route and am glad I did cause that would have been overkill!
Went with first lite marino base, sitka ambiet med layer, and sitka jetstream outer layer. I kept a Rab puffy in my pack and only used it while glassing.
I like the set up, and it worked it. Still thinking about playing around with Kuiu axis thermal hybrid to combine 2 jackets into one. Either the kuiu or the first lite uncompadre foundry.

prm

WKR
Any more experience with the Thermal Hybrid?

I’m looking at jackets with some water protection and a more durable outer layer for hiking through brush.

Sapcut

WKR
I just got this jacket today. When I put it on it reminded me of a soft shell or a Sitka 90% jacket.

if this question can be answered… How warm is the Axis Thermal Hybrid and what temps can be expected to wear and be warm?

I’m planning a vacation trip to Colorado in couple weeks with temps probably in teens. Will this jacket suffice or is there a better option? I also have the SDPro to try as well but it is Michelin Man puffy.

Last edited:
I just got this jacket today. When I put it on it reminded me of a soft shell or a Sitka 90% jacket.

if this question can be answered… How warm is the Axis Thermal Hybrid and what temps can be expected to wear and be warm?

I’m planning a vacation trip to Colorado in couple weeks with temps probably in teens. Will this jacket suffice or is there a better option? I also have the SDPro to try as well but it is Michelin Man puffy.
Did you figure anything out?

I decided to order the first lite uncompadre foundry over the axis hybrid to do the same thing. It's more water resistant, and will bust brush. Plus Scheels had it on sale for $200.

Maybe its just me, but the more I think about it, the less I think the axis hybrid makes sense more. Its really nice to have layers to regulate temp.