And another stolen elk skull

Maybe I've missed something in all of these threads about stolen Elk heads, but what do these thieves actually do with them? Sell them to the those people that have roadside stands with those signs that say "We Buy Antlers" or are there other places they can get money for them?

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
Price/look up how much antler light fixtures sell for. Somebody’s making some money off making various home decor items from legally got and illegally got anters.

Price/look up how much antler light fixtures sell for. Somebody’s making some money off making various home decor items from legally got and illegally got anters.
Right, but I'm wondering who they would directly sell them to. The people with the travelling cargo trailers full of antlers? Craigslist ads?

cnelk

WKR
Maybe I've missed something in all of these threads about stolen Elk heads, but what do these thieves actually do with them? Sell them to the those people that have roadside stands with those signs that say "We Buy Antlers" or are there other places they can get money for them?

Last I looked, 'brown' antlers were going for $18/lb
If an elk rack weighs 40lbs.....18x40 = $720

Now you know why shed antler hunting is popular

Right, but I'm wondering who they would directly sell them to. The people with the travelling cargo trailers full of antlers? Craigslist ads?
Yes Brown Elk is about $15 lb

But id think these stories where they are climbing people's fences and stealing them when they have only been there a couple days isn't coincidence. No way a random passer by is noticing a fresh boal in someone's back yard and taking it.
Who ever is doing this is being vindictive, they know about the Boal because of social media, or they were on the hunt to and feel it got shot out from infront of them.

Random thefts would be antlers laying in a flower bed or something, they noticed them several times then came back.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Rmef is going a little Sitka on that huh.
Don't they look at the picture before they type up the click bait?
Maybe there purpose was to make the deer controversial and hopefully create questions in and around inner circles that had heard the harvest story differently. Seen this work once before🥸

Most theft crimes are crimes of opportunity by degenerate free-loading scum, that were never taught to keep their hands off of other's property.
Yeah but a back yard?
There walking down the sidewalk just looking for an opertunity and they notice a boal in the back yard?
And this had happened multiple times now in multiple towns?
And it has to line up that there taking this stroll of opertunity rite after a boal was placed there? And they happened to catch a glimpse of it.

And they have a get away driver with a rig big enough to carry a large boal elk?

These people already know of the boal, where its at and are going there specifically to steal it.

Last I looked, 'brown' antlers were going for $18/lb
If an elk rack weighs 40lbs.....18x40 = $720

Now you know why shed antler hunting is popular
Yeah, for those prices no kidding.

Two years in a row now I've seen one of those "We Buy Antlers" Cargo Trailers posted up in Colorado Mountain Towns in the spring, pre shed-hunting season. That's not encouraging illegal activity at all.

Yeah, for those prices no kidding.

Two years in a row now I've seen one of those "We Buy Antlers" Cargo Trailers posted up in Colorado Mountain Towns in the spring, pre shed-hunting season. That's not encouraging illegal activity at all.

Alot of those guys do it full time, especially w the price of fuel. They just do big loops until the trailer is full.

Growing up in the 60s, it used to be enjoyable in June-July to go out and see the big bulls in velvet. In the late 60s the chinese were offering high prices for horns in velvet. I starting finding the remains of bulls with their horns sawed off at the beginning of season. This continued until there weren't any big bulls left.

We are still at the point of trading something we like for money. I think that is called prostitution. Its probably time to elimonate the market.

hunterjmj

WKR
I was at a gas station a while back and an antler buyer was next to me fueling up so I had to take a look at all the antlers. No sheds, all sawed off from the skull. Makes you wonder how many are legit.

cnelk

WKR
I told my kids that when I croak to tear apart my mounts and euros and sell the antlers.
Should be worth a few thousand bucks