Anchorage sports show

magpie

Banned
There were 2 kifaru packs in highlander at Larry's booth.

What SG crowd?

Yes there were, but I wanted to check out the Bikini Frame. The highlander camo does look sick, not one for camo but damn, makes a guy rethink things.

What I didn't like about the SG is the waistbelt first off. It will be real interesting to see if the next model has a different one. I didn't care for the shoulder straps either. My buddy who was with me thought the same thing. I thought the bag was tough enough though, overall the pack was well made. Just not for me. Maybe the 2nd gen pack will be the one.

I thought it was interesting that the proving trails boys use kifaru packs on all their hunts but have stone glacier packs at their booth??? Upon talking to them (I'm good friends with one) they are still going to use their kifaru packs this fall. They have the longhunter packs (correct me if Im wrong aron) that Kifaru just rebuilt for them last winter. So they are pretty much good for another 10 years +.

Hope you guys picked up Hunting Alaska's Terra Incognita, a well made dvd.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes there were, but I wanted to check out the Bikini Frame. The highlander camo does look sick, not one for camo but damn, makes a guy rethink things.

What I didn't like about the SG is the waistbelt first off. It will be real interesting to see if the next model has a different one. I didn't care for the shoulder straps either. My buddy who was with me thought the same thing. I thought the bag was tough enough though, overall the pack was well made. Just not for me. Maybe the 2nd gen pack will be the one.

I thought it was interesting that the proving trails boys use kifaru packs on all their hunts but have stone glacier packs at their booth??? Upon talking to them (I'm good friends with one) they are still going to use their kifaru packs this fall. They have the longhunter packs (correct me if Im wrong aron) that Kifaru just rebuilt for them last winter. So they are pretty much good for another 10 years +.

Hope you guys picked up Hunting Alaska's Terra Incognita, a well made dvd.

Yep, they have tuned up old models, but they may get BT1'S soon.

I think I screwed them on the pack giveaway and didn't get back with them in time....so Kurt kicked them a pack instead.

Floorguy

WKR
They are going to use a SG and a longhunter for deer this year and swap back and forth to see what they think

Snyd

WKR
I'll stop in at the Fairbanks show as well. It's down the street from my house.

So Aron. Any chance on bringing up my Bikini frame I ordered a few weeks back? My ship date isn't until May 20 though. What are the chances of an earlier build?

First post on Rokslide. Looking forward to being part of the madness here. Scott and I had an awesome time at the Anchorage show. Got to talk shop with fellow and potential sheep addicts four straight days and sold a few DVD’s to boot. Just to clarify a bit regarding our relationship with Stone Glacier and Kifaru: We contacted both SG and Kifaru regarding a free pack give-away. We would have loved to have had a Kifaru pack at our booth since this is what we have been using for 10+ years now, but unfortunately didn’t hear back from Aron in time. Kurt offered us a pack if we’d have a few on hand for folks to get their hands on. Seemed like a win-win for both us and SG and it was. The number one question we got at the booth was “are these SG packs what you use?” We weren’t shy about touting how much success we’ve had with Kifaru and their unparalleled customer service. We sent tons of folks over to the Pristine Ventures booth the check them out. We let folks know in no uncertain terms that we loved our Kifarus, plan to continue using them and that SG’s presence in our booth was a mutual business decision and that we have limited experience using the SG in field conditions. That being said, Scott and I both think the SG Terminus looks intriguing and spoke with folks about what we thought might be advantages and disadvantages between the SG Terminus and our Longhunters. For our own curiosity we plan to compare them in the field this fall on a deer hunt (not quite as much of a commitment as a sheep hunt).