Am I the only one who hates RF pouches on Bino Harnesses?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
wow. I would sooner leave my bow behind than my binos.
And I'd rather leave my bow behind than my bugle tube.

But I'm mostly hunting heavy timber where I can't see much past 50 yards. My Leica RF works fine for that if I need to see something magnified. I do take my bino's (8x32's) most of the time though. Although this year I have a pair of Zeiss 10x25's that I'll probably carry in my waist belt pocket.

Thoughts on the badlands xr with RF at bottom? I’m bow hunting this Sept. and thinking between the XR and a fully enclosed marsupial with RF pouch.

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR
How about rangefinders with onboard ballistics? Anyone concerned with magnetic RF pouches messing with them? I believe it would only matter for extremely long range adjustments, so not super concerning under 500 yards?

KBC

WKR
I just use the Alaska guide creations hybrid max. My RF goes in the front pocket, and I have room in the bottom pocket for a headlamp, spare batteries etc. works great.
My release fits under the elastic on the lid, windchecker in the side pocket, tags in the back pocket. It’s surprising how much stuff I can fit in a pretty compact harness.
I have no idea why anyone would strap a bunch more pouches to the front of themselves, all those extra things look pretty bulky.

I run a marsupial. Their range finder slides very securely in the webbing after the buckle. Never had movement issues. Super quiet.

I find the tether more beneficial.

TheTone

WKR
I have very mixed feelings on having my rangefinder in a pouch on my harness. It’s the best thing I have going right now

I do really like the clip that vortex uses on their rangefinder and have thought about trying to add it to my sig. I saw online where someone did it but I’m too scared to pull the trigger on drilling into mine

Trees91

WKR
Always bothered me how the rangefinder pouch would flop forward on my marsupial. Tied some m90 cord to a kitty clip and attached it to the bino harness zipper. Makes the pocket less assessable, but I don't keep anything in there I need to get at quickly.
IMG_4256.jpeg