Am I allowed to keep it?

tony

WKR
So, last September I ordered what I thought was going to be a range bag through Grey Ghost Gear. A week turned into a month and I received no invoice, no shipping/tracking numbers, you know, typical things you get when you buy something online. I log into GGG and there is no record of me ordering anything from them. Money was deducted from my checking account in about a day though.
So, I log into Grey Ghost Precision, a firearms portion of the business that also sold the bag just to check there, nothing. I email GGG week 1, no response. Week 2 I call, no return call, I alternate for 4 weeks, no response. So I start a charge back through my credit union and get my money back after providing the above information. GGG bank sends me paperwork asking whats going on and I give it to my CC to handle which they did.
Month 3 I get an email from GGG, "oh hey, that bag is on back order you still want it?" These dumb asses don't even know I did a charge back.
Month 5 I think I get a letter from GGG bank saying they denied my claim, even though they reimbursed my account! WTF?

And on March 3 of 2023 I get a tracking number for this damn bag! So on March 7 I get home and the bag and a big box are sitting on the porch. I know what one is and figure the GF ordered something big.
No shit here, they are both to me from GGG. One is the bag which I got my money back and and a damn gun case I did not even order!! I look on the GGG site and this thing is $200.00 so its not like it was a "hey we screwed up gift". I mean how is this place still in business?
I immediately email these water heads as I'm no thief and don't want either piece and want to return them. The bag was more or less a flimsy shoulder bag and I'm glad I got my money back on it. So its March 11 and no response from them yet with a return label.

Serious now, what the law on this? How many times to I have to contact them to get their shit back to them before its mine?

If you haven't figured it out yet, don't deal with Grey Ghost Gear :D

Mag_7s

WKR
Wow, what a goat rope. Several years ago they had some parts labeled as in stock that I wasn't Abe to find anywhere else online. I read a couple reviews on the company, all were negative so I decided to pass. You obviously had no intent to defraud and engaged in an honest transaction. In my opinion you have done your due diligence but I understand your concern and would make another attempt to contact via phone and email just for conscious sake. I also don't think it would be fair to you to ship the items back on your dime either, you probably won't be reimbursed.

I was going to say if they came with a free return label you can slap it on the box and enter it in their system. If they have The carrier grab it then no harm no fowl. If they don’t enjoy it. i Purchased these $1500 shop fans A few years back. Bought two and they sent me four. I called, emailed, and waited. lets Just say my shop stays really cooled off now.

Fatcamp

WKR
Life is too short to deal with that nonsense. If there is an easy button send them back, if not keep them. How many hours of your life is it going to take to return them?

If you feel guilty give them to Goodwill.

Rob5589

WKR
Make an attempt to return. If ignored, keep. Also, why do people pick names like "grey ghost gear?" Sheesh...

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
Like eight years ago I was upgrading my house to put it on the market. On Black Friday I found a good deal on a new stove and dishwasher online with free shipping. I ordered them. They contacted me and said one of the items was on backorder. Since I was not ready to install them, I told them to hold them until both were available. Then the credit card that I had used got hacked and I had to cancel it. I immediately called them to advise them of the new CC number. They told me looked it up on their system and said that it had already went through and I was good. Both items were delivered shortly but no charges had showed up on the card. I called them back and once again had to argue with the person. They told me I had to contact my card company. After calling them and my card company three or four times I gave up. I put the money aside but they never asked for it. Free stove and Dishwasher.

Bluefish

WKR
I believe legally anything sent to you is yours, except for building materials. I would probably reach out and offer to return if they send you a label. If not, then keep it.

f16jack

WKR
You are under no legal obligation to return an item you didn't order. Here's a note from Minnesota "Under state and federal law, recipients of unordered merchandise may keep the goods and are under no obligation to pay for or return them. The recipient may treat the merchandise as an unconditional gift—and may use or dispose of the merchandise as he or she sees fit."

MattB

WKR
Crazy stuff.

There is a chance that the provisional credit your bank gave you for the bag may end up getting reversed upon completion of the claim process, so keep that in mind.

BWlongbow

Lil-Rokslider
All one can do is try to contact the seller. One cannot make a seller operate their business efficiently. I had a similar deal with Brownell's. I ordered some Hodgdon powder in January 2023, I waited 4 weeks and did not receive the powder. I was charged for the powder the day after I ordered it. I called the customer service and was told they had a new ordering software and there was a mix up with the ship-to address for my order. I was told that it was corrected, and the powder would ship in 2 days. I waited another 10 days and still no powder. Again, I called their customer services and the person initiated another ship request in their system. 4 days later I received the powder. Then 10 days later Brownell's customer services called and left a message wanting to know if I still wanted the powder since their system was showing the order was pending to ship. I called their customer service three times and was put on hold for over 20 minutes each time and still never spoke with anyone there. So, I gave up on trying to get in touch with them. Waiting to see if I receive more powder in the mail or not. It was obvious that their customer services rep's did not communicate with the shipping department.

Axlrod

WKR
Years ago a pallet of brass valves (for oxygen, or scuba tanks maybe) was delivered to the warehouse I ran. We were a food products distributer and had no use for valves and had not ordered any valves. I contacted the company that shipped them as well as the trucking company. They said because our name and address was on the bill of ladding they had made no mistake. After about 3 years taking up space my boss told me to get rid of them. I took them to the scrap yard and got $900 for them. They had to be worth 10x that to somebody.

Dented

WKR
After that goat rope I'd keep it. You did your part to make things right. If you don't want the gear either sell it or pass it along in the free gear thread.