Am I a brand slut?

*zap*

WKR
It is hard to get the camo matching 100% correct if you wear different brands at the same time.....make sure you match the base layers also....

If you do not run matching camo your just walking...

anthonyjg

FNG
Read that term in a recent post. What could that mean? I go through through the brands? Sleep around? Not faithful to one? Hmmmm. Let’s see. This fall on an archery elk hunt I will be wearing or packing:

Ex Officio
Black Ovis
True Timber
Prahna
Redhead Scentinel
First Lite
Mountain Wearhouse
Sitka
Costco
Kuiu
Cabelas

I’m so ashamed!

Who else is a big gear slut? Shane on all if you. Let’s see your lists.
Welp, I'm a newb and pretty much just layer a bunch of stuff I already have to stay warm. So my list would include things like Levis, fruit of the loom, hanes....

Poser

WKR
I use a good bit of Outdoor Research gear and Black Diamond as well. I also have KUIU, FL, Sitka and Mountain Hardware. In addition to hunting, I snowboard and backcountry ski 7+ months out of the year as well as backpack all summer and do some Mtn biking too. I use much of my gear interchangeably and am constantly tweaking to find the ideal combination for different conditions.

For example, spending a lot of time in the high country in the Southwest requires a strong sun-protection game. The KUIU Tiburon pants are the best pant option bar none. Sun hoody wise, I’ve found Black Diamond to have the best synthetic design, but I also really like FL’s lightest weight merino hoody for when the temps have a wider range or when wearing the same shirt for 5 days straight.

Read that term in a recent post. What could that mean? I go through through the brands? Sleep around? Not faithful to one? Hmmmm. Let’s see. This fall on an archery elk hunt I will be wearing or packing:

Ex Officio
Black Ovis
True Timber
Prahna
Redhead Scentinel
First Lite
Mountain Wearhouse
Sitka
Costco
Kuiu
Cabelas

I’m so ashamed!

Who else is a big gear slut? Shane on all if you. Let’s see your lists.
I didn’t read the replies, but yes… you are

Just so all the choices are covered - all of my hunting season is cold and snowy. I'm not attracted to any of the new clothing. I like the heavy wool pants and have woolrich. Lately the replacements are some out of Canada. The big legs give me room to move without being bound up. I have woolrich shirts that have lasted over 20 years. I recently have had to bolster up the pockets.

I like duofold long johns. They kept me warm for years. I have worn army surplus wool calvery coats (tough to find) for an overcoat and lately have used an orange pumpkin coat out of Minnesota for riding. I keep it on the horse. I can put it on when I am sweated out after a long hike and I will be warm and dry by the time I get back to the truck.

I also wear elkhide batwing chaps to protect my legs and keep them warm while I am riding. All the limbs and downfall sticks are all tough on clothing and tack as you ride through the trees. I make all of those from elk I kill.

On the really cold days, I wear military surplus coat liners. They are cheap and durable. Not exactly a fashion statement. Just durable clothing that gets me through -10 to -20 degree days without discomfort.

Army surplus arctic mitts have been my go to since 1971. Gloves don't hack it. Hats range from beanies for hiking, fuzzie hats for riding to ball caps on the warm sunny days.

I remember some gents from Minnesota on top of a ridge shivering wearing the fancy camo clothes. We were toasty and had ridden in from 10 miles to the south. Guess I never will fit in.

Just so all the choices are covered - all of my hunting season is cold and snowy. I'm not attracted to any of the new clothing. I like the heavy wool pants and have woolrich. Lately the replacements are some out of Canada. The big legs give me room to move without being bound up. I have woolrich shirts that have lasted over 20 years. I recently have had to bolster up the pockets.

I like duofold long johns. They kept me warm for years. I have worn army surplus wool calvery coats (tough to find) for an overcoat and lately have used an orange pumpkin coat out of Minnesota for riding. I keep it on the horse. I can put it on when I am sweated out after a long hike and I will be warm and dry by the time I get back to the truck.

I also wear elkhide batwing chaps to protect my legs and keep them warm while I am riding. All the limbs and downfall sticks are all tough on clothing and tack as you ride through the trees. I make all of those from elk I kill.

On the really cold days, I wear military surplus coat liners. They are cheap and durable. Not exactly a fashion statement. Just durable clothing that gets me through -10 to -20 degree days without discomfort.

Army surplus arctic mitts have been my go to since 1971. Gloves don't hack it. Hats range from beanies for hiking, fuzzie hats for riding to ball caps on the warm sunny days.

I remember some gents from Minnesota on top of a ridge shivering wearing the fancy camo clothes. We were toasty and had ridden in from 10 miles to the south. Guess I never will fit in.

It must've been really cold if dudes from Minnesota were shivering. It gets darn cold for a long time in northern MN.

Like you, I use a lot of different garments from eclectic sources to keep warm. Wool is almost always a layer. I have mil surplus gloves, head coverings, and liners in the m