all quiet on the western front

Just finished 6 days in the western Montana and the bulls have zipped lips in this area. No one is hearing anything. I picked the wrong week.

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
Only heard a few bugles this past week all predawn, hopefully this incoming storm gets them talking.

ethan4895

FNG
Just spent a few days out scouting and well I heard a bugles but I couldn't find any bulls just a few cows and a few young ones

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BH107

FNG
I just moved to Montana, so not hunting this year. But I have been out with my cousins the last 2 weekends and we've heard some. Opening day there were a few early. Labor Day it was silent. This past weekend it was quiet until last night and then we finally had some action. About 30 min before dark we had a bull calling and moving our way, but we ran out of daylight before he made it out of the timber.

This morning we glassed a bull with a herd of cows calling and rounding them up into the trees about 10 minutes after it was light. As soon as they hit the tree line, it was silent.

brewer427

WKR
My sister lives in the elkhorns around Clancy and she said they were really going off last night around 2am and were responding to bugling every time, so hopefully they're gonna get going here.

I just finished day four in Western 406. No bugles in a low pressure area. Rub, galore. I walked and still hunted every spot in that area and only found a solo cow. Off to a different spot!