All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

The bigger tank was a 2016 development. In 2015, they all had the 26.
As much as I like Toyota products, that 26 gallon tank was a real joke.

I'm likely in the minority given that I like the bench seat and column shift and to think that config. automatically disqualified a buyer from the 38 gallon tank is pathetic.

Now that they have formally released it, what do you guys think? The red interior on the pro may be a deal breaker for me, but the power specs look good.

As much as I like Toyota products, that 26 gallon tank was a real joke.

I'm likely in the minority given that I like the bench seat and column shift and to think that config. automatically disqualified a buyer from the 38 gallon tank is pathetic.

I am also a fan of the bench seat, column shift, and all-plastic interior.

I'm a fan of Toyota - loved my Tacoma and 4Runner - but the styling of this thing leaves me very underwhelmed.

1900 isn't bad for a half ton - it's only puny when compared to the Ford! But then again, Ford caters to actual men truck owners...

Ha ha, sorry had to.

In the extended cab 2WD drive version (which no one buys) 1,900 lbs and 12,000 towing. Pictures online floating around that it's below 1,300 lbs for a Crewmax.

And no harm no foul, if I wasn't driving a Toyota, Ford would be my next choice!

In the extended cab 2WD drive version (which no one buys) 1,900 lbs and 12,000 towing. Pictures online floating around that it's below 1,300 lbs for a Crewmax.

And no harm no foul, if I wasn't driving a Toyota, Ford would be my next choice!

Nailed it, that’s the best case to have 1900 lbs. Add trailer tongue weight to it and some weight in the truck and you’re likely overweight.

I’m not buying a half ton for towing heavy loads so not really concerned. I heard. 6.5 foot box in the crew max and lockers checks the boxes I want. If I do decide to trade my 14 it will be a trd pro and be done for a bunch of years. Can damn near get what I paid for it 5 years ago on trade so it’s more tempting to pull the trigger

I’m not buying a half ton for towing heavy loads so not really concerned. I heard. 6.5 foot box in the crew max and lockers checks the boxes I want. If I do decide to trade my 14 it will be a trd pro and be done for a bunch of years. Can damn near get what I paid for it 5 years ago on trade so it’s more tempting to pull the trigger
The problem is that even with 1400lb payload, passenger weight comes out of that. Let's just say you have a family that weighs 500lbs total, you're now down to 900lbs available. Miscellaneous junk/luggage in the truck? 100lbs. Camping gear in the bed? 300lbs. Weight distribution hitch? 50lbs. That leaves 450lbs for a trailer tongue weight, or around a 3,750lb wet trailer. Pretty tiny, but workable.

Load up the bed with extra jugs of fuel/water and you're likely overweight with just the family and supplies...

The problem is that even with 1400lb payload, passenger weight comes out of that. Let's just say you have a family that weighs 500lbs total, you're now down to 900lbs available. Miscellaneous junk/luggage in the truck? 100lbs. Camping gear in the bed? 300lbs. Weight distribution hitch? 50lbs. That leaves 450lbs for a trailer tongue weight, or around a 3,750lb wet trailer. Pretty tiny, but workable.

Load up the bed with extra jugs of fuel/water and you're likely overweight with just the family and supplies...
3 in my family and won’t ever own a camper again.best day of my life was selling that. I lived in one 4 years working on the road. If it holds 3 lay out blinds 20 dozen dive bombs and my dog with room left to pile geese and gets down muddy section lines I’m set. For a dedicated pulling and hauling rig there are definitely better options.I have a 1 ton work truck if I need pull anything heavy.

Toyota Engineer touches a little on the arbitrary tow ratings in the video.

Even though tow ratings are somewhat arbitrary, they constitute a standard convention which all manufacturers follow. So in the end they are using the same ruler and Toyota consistently comes up short on terms of payload/towing.

If you don't tow/haul, Toyota makes a great truck for you!

That vid was awesome brock…

i’m surprised the Toyota came out with so many different suspension options.

That hybrid motor could be a game changer.
We have owned a couple Toy Hybrids and if the engineers did for this truck what they did for those, its going to be a pretty big leap in fuel economy...at a price of course. I bet that hybrid truck avges over 20 mpg city.

>

Last edited:
Back