All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

axeforce6

WKR
Crazy timing to resurface this thread. I was online pricing out Tundras last night and remembered this thread existed. Was planning to search it out this morning. Any other first hand experience or credible rumors on issues with these? What is the lead time people are seeing for delivery after ordering?

I was basically ready to order a Silverado with the 3.0 duramax and the one I was ready to order magically went up nearly $5,000 in price since two weeks ago. Made me a little angry so it had me shopping around a bit. After reading here, might still stick with the 3.0 Chevy. But I’m not brand loyal with vehicles, just want the best available to last me 15-20 years.
(Lead times) vary. Depends on the allocation when the truck is earned to the dealer. You can’t order a truck through Toyota. You haven’t been able to for almost two years now. We can preference for specific units but those are far from guaranteed.

Buy what you want. I’ve been with the Toyota world for 10 years. Crazy times still. If you want best bang for your buck Toyota is the way to go. Even after the sale. I’ve seen Toyota fix issues they simply shouldn’t. I have experience with CDJF, Ford, and Nissan. That’s not the case with them. This is from an insider consumer perspective, not a professional experience. I’ve owned several GM products and Ram. Never a does or Nissan but I have first hand experience with their warrant and service departments.

Trial153

WKR
Gas mileage on the first 5555 miles
e101e1d551b1679d6fb1e7b0cf89894e.jpg

One of my employees is getting 17.5 mpg with his crew cab SR5. That’s a combined city and highway driving with light towing a couple times. Thought the little V6 would get better than that.

Mojave

WKR
I got an alignment on my 2017 Sequoia and noticed I was at 122,000 something miles. An alignment did wonders and it drives like a new one again.

I had a four runner as a rental a few weeks ago and I still like the way my 2017 Sequoia drives over the new 2022 4 runner.

Sad that the 5.7 is gone in the Tundras and Sequoias. How is the 6 banger holding together?

Anyone taken it off road on a serious two track?

ETtikka

WKR
Can someone tell me why the new tundra does not have an option for split bench seat in the front, I don’t see the value in huge 50 gallon console

I have a 2011 now, and the split bench with fold down console is nice to have when you need the extra seat, I don’t see the need for bucket seats when they are the same as split bench from a side to side support perspective

Can someone tell me why the new tundra does not have an option for split bench seat in the front, I don’t see the value in huge 50 gallon console

I have a 2011 now, and the split bench with fold down console is nice to have when you need the extra seat, I don’t see the need for bucket seats when they are the same as split bench from a side to side support perspective
Just like automatic transmissions most of America wants them.

ETtikka

WKR
Totally agree, but I would still take a 1st year Toyota model over any Chevy, Chrysler or Ford from a reliability standpoint.
Agreed as well, Toyota always gets knocked for being behind on technology and power, we’ll ever wonder why; it’s because they are still testing why others are producing, Toyota is playing long ball, car and driver and consumer reports give em low ratings but go try to buy a used Tacoma, 4runner, land cruiser, etc

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
One of my employees is getting 17.5 mpg with his crew cab SR5. That’s a combined city and highway driving with light towing a couple times. Thought the little V6 would get better than that.

Good to know. I’m going 14.5-15 in my V8 Raptor, limited improvement lessens my interest. I was half looking at the extended cab with 6.5’ bed.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Damn 9.5%....interest rates are unreal.
We're past needing to finance at this point, but feel for the younger crew dealing with this. Going to be a real slog in this country. #fjb
Tundra SR 4x2 Double Cab 6.5-Ft. Bed

Months

9.46%

Estimated APR​

Only very well qualified buyers will qualify for the lowest APR.
$2,000
Down Payment
Includes Cash Down and Estimated Trade-In Value
Finance for $687/ month
Payments may vary based on actual vehicle, model & options selected.

We're past needing to finance at this point, but feel for the younger crew dealing with this. Going to be a real slog in this country. #fjb

Months

9.46%

Estimated APR​

$2,000
Down Payment
Finance for $687/ month

On a brighter note, hopefully it tempers demand/pricing a little.

TSAMP

WKR

Months

9.46%

Estimated APR​

$2,000
Down Payment
Finance for $687/ month
I just saw GM offering 2.9% the other day. I was perfectly content till I started reading the ford 5.0 thread on here.

CorbLand

WKR

Months

9.46%

Estimated APR​

$2,000
Down Payment
Finance for $687/ month
Guess we will be stuck with my first gen for a few more year. Only been saying that for about 4 already.