Alkaline batteries in trail cam???

mobohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use Lithium almost exclusively for cell cams, alkaline for non cell came use

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
This season I’m trying solar panels on the few cell cams I have. I debated getting rechargeable lithium battery packs to go with the cell cam and solar setup, but it didn’t pencil out for me. For cell cams the solar just seems like a no brainer considering the number of batteries they require and can burn though batteries if there’s lots of wind or shadows. For the lower elevation, warmer early season, setups I’m just using alkaline batteries. Hoping no batteries leak since these are just Costco AAs. But for anything in the higher country, or locations where I can’t easily return and check or swap batteries, Energizer Lithium are in all my cameras

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve been using trail cameras for over 20 years. I’ve never had an alkaline battery leak while in the field. I bought into the hype and started using lithium batteries one year. I didn’t get any longer run time from them than I did alkaline. Lithium batteries aren’t worth the extra cost for me.
Fwiw, I use them in cell cameras, non cell, for photo and video modes.

I’ve been using trail cameras for over 20 years. I’ve never had an alkaline battery leak while in the field. I bought into the hype and started using lithium batteries one year. I didn’t get any longer run time from them than I did alkaline. Lithium batteries aren’t worth the extra cost for me.
Fwiw, I use them in cell cameras, non cell, for photo and video modes.
Good info! One thing that I wish folks would do is name where they live - I suspect that conditions in Minnesota at -30F would be much more taxing on cameras than in Florida where it might never push sub-40F. Where do you live, and about how many pics per season do you get? Think these things are a factor?

N2TRKYS

WKR
Good info! One thing that I wish folks would do is name where they live - I suspect that conditions in Minnesota at -30F would be much more taxing on cameras than in Florida where it might never push sub-40F. Where do you live, and about how many pics per season do you get? Think these things are a factor?
Bama. Several thousand pics per camera.

thinny

FNG
Lithium is the way to go. You can get full seasons out of them vs. Alkaline you get a cold snap and all of a sudden your camera that's hours away stops reporting.