Alaska Moose Hunting Tent

Stid2677

WKR
So why a tipi? The REI tent I have is brand new and in great shape and easily fits 3-4 guys and gear... what does a tipi give you over a more traditional tent? and on a related note, can I retrofit my tent to accept a wood stove? Who does does that sort of work? Sounds like a good idea and it will pay dividends when camping with the kids later.

You can stand to get dressed in a Tipi, they weigh about 1/2 of a regular tent that has a floor and fly, with a stove, there will always be an ember get out and burn the floor, unless you use a heavy tarp of metal pan. You can bring you trophy in and work on the cape in floorless, no wet nasty floor to pack up. That is a few off the top of my head.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think that between now and 2018 you need to come to a few realizations. Buy a good synthetic sleeping bag, they are usually cheaper than diwn, and give yourself some peace of mind. You and your partners need to look seriously at getting a floor less shelter, i.e. Tipi, Redcliff, Sawtooth, Courthouse etc and a stove. Trust me, money well spent and you can recoup 90% of that cost if you sell it when you get back. If three guys go, you need to budget $300 apiece for a gear flight. If you guys balk at that....then maybe you should reconsider hunting moose in Alaska.