Alarm to wake up

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
I need a new alarm this year to wake me up while backpack hunting. I have a watch but I'm deaf to that high pitched sound. Normally, I've been in a two man tent and my buddy hears it go off and wakes me up. Now we are splitting up at times and I need to find something I can hear.

What do you all use? Any recommendations?

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
I use my phone when here locally it has a cricket sound I downloaded. Where I don't have a signal which is most places I just use my gps it has a alarm that is louder..

gmajor

WKR
I've never looked at the alarm function on my simple little garmin etrex. Wow. Glad this thread popped up. Much better option than my phone.

Android smartphone for me. Set an alarm with the clock app and keep on trucking. I keep it on airplane mode to keep the battery usage down so it can run at night too.

iPhone but I have yet to hear it go off. I'm too excited and often awake 15 minutes before the alarm goes off. Same thing with fishing charters, i always wake up automatically.

tttoadman

WKR
I need a new alarm this year to wake me up while backpack hunting. I have a watch but I'm deaf to that high pitched sound. Normally, I've been in a two man tent and my buddy hears it go off and wakes me up. Now we are splitting up at times and I need to find something I can hear.

What do you all use? Any recommendations?

I use my sore back that wakes me up every hr. I just decide when it is time to get up, or reposition again.

I use my phone when here locally it has a cricket sound I downloaded. Where I don't have a signal which is most places I just use my gps it has a alarm that is louder..

You should still be able to use your phone alarm even if you don't have service. Unless you're saying that since you won't have service you don't even take your phone, then it wouldn't matter obviously.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone who may not know. I talked with a guy just a couple weeks ago who didn't know about airplane mode on cell phones and how you can still use the alarm, calculator, etc (anything that doesn't require service) while out of service range.

jwb300

WKR
I take my watch off and put it near my head so I can hear the alarm. I don't like using my phone as I prefer to keep it off and charged in case I need it and have reception.

OP
Hoyts n Mulies

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies! For those of you who use your GPS or phone, how many days out are you? My phone only lasts 2-3 days on airplane mode and I need something to last 6 days.

I've got a watch but I'm deaf to the pitch of sound that they make. I can hold it right upto my ear and can't hear it. Drives my hunting buddy nuts! Strange thing is I've never not been able to hear other things.

ureyes

FNG
I just carried a small double A powered alarm clock. Worked fine for about 5 bucks.

mt100gr.

WKR
Funny, just seeing the title of this thread got the song stuck in my head! Again.

Last fall, my buddy that I usually see once a year to hunt with, had American Authors "the best day of my life" set for his alarm. I had never heard it before and don't identify much with such tunes but hearing that every morning in the dark almost made me like that song. Almost.

Not necessarily my brand of music but it put a smile on my face and set the tone for long days in the mountains.

I usually get over 2, sometimes close to 3, days per charge with my phone if I keep it on airplane mode and only turn it on for a few minutes to check in if I have service and occasionally take a pic here and there.