AKEK Pack - Arguably The Best New Pack Around - What's Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMB

WKR
Looks very well thought out, probably not big enough for my upcoming sheep hunt but would probably work for everything else on the agenda this year.

Rob5589

WKR
What makes our pack better?

The Alpha 3200 has:
1. Quick release system
2. Removable small pack
3. 2 load shelves
4. Waterproof zippers.

You can find some of these features on various packs in different ways or styles but none that have them all blended into one.

Of course everyone has their preference... and haters will always be haters but we feel this pack fits a niche that is missing in the pack industry!
Come on dude. There's no hate. This is from your website;

We focus on creating the highest quality gear on the market we can possibly make.

Yet what you're selling is straight off the Alibaba auction site.

Sherman

WKR
Their mission from their website.....

They state they “find and research the very best outdoor gear and make it even better.”

I suppose finding a frame and pack on alibaba and adding a quick release and waterproof zippers falls in line with their mission.534AB9D1-63A8-4C31-9C88-C735C8BF49A3.png

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Important notes:

Rokslide Community,

Our intent from the beginning is to be honest and upfront. We have nothing to hide! Do we have our packs assembled and made in China? Yes we currently do as already mentioned before. This still does not change our Quality, lifetime warranty and great customer service.

Can you buy the same frame or a similar one on China websites? Yes you can likely research and find a similar frame to the AKEK one. Again we already mentioned this is currently being made overseas. This is NOT a low quality frame we are using.

Designed in the USA? Yes we spent nearly a full year of research, modifying and testing this bag before it's release.

Our recommendation ... if you can find a pack in china that comes with 2 shelves, YKK waterproof zippers, a quick release, a LIFETIME WARRANTY, and great customer service than yes even we would recommend you ditch us and take that option. You will not find all that we offer from a foreign china man. The warranty, customer service and a truly unique bag design is worth it! We are sure most of you can agree!

Furthermore, we very much appreciate constructive criticism and of course sincere questions ... THAT is why we joined Rokslide after all ;) We want to make this pack better and better each year!

If you have no desire to test our pack or offer helpful criticism we would ask you not to post here. We want this thread to be reserved for those that truly want to test the pack and offer helpful info to future users.

Sincerely
AKEK

c670809

FNG
Love the plot twist. I also find it interesting how many people don't read the whole thread.

I'm glad that came back and partially answered questions. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

ljalberta

WKR
Here's my constructive criticism: be better

I have seen enough to know that I do not want your pack even for free. I hope no one falls for your shady business practices and flat our misleading marketing.
As a fellow whose work often finds him addressing misleading marketing or shady business practices, I don’t see any of it here.

Lots of product creation is finding a good baseline product, and enhancing it and bringing it to new markets. It seems like they’re being rather open about this here.

Last edited:

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
...the proof is in the pudding - definitely needs to be checked in down under for the final pass-off test :cool:

mlgc20

WKR
In the spirit of constructive criticism, here are some thoughts on the pack, based on what I’ve seen in your video and website.
  • Detachable small pack - Remove this and just make it an add on option if someone wants to order it. Would reduce the weight and cost on something most would never use. I had something similar built into the lid of an old Dana Designs pack. I’ve had that pack over 20 years and never used that feature.
  • Hip belt - Get rid of the built in zippered pockets On the hip belt. Again, could be an add on if folks want it. Would reduce weight and cost. Would help those of us who always carry either a side arm or bear spray. I have detachable hip belt pockets for my Seek Outside, EXO, Zimmerbuilt, and Zpacks packs. None have seen the light of day.
  • Hip belt sizing - I’m concerned with the one size fits all sizing. Under normal conditions, this probably can work. I’m a bit skeptical though of that wide of range, when under heavy loads like hauling meat.
  • Pockets - Too many IMO. Another opportunity to reduce weight and cost.
  • Bag size options - The 3200 is the perfect size for me. I can get a week out of that size during archery season. But, it’s going to be too small for many. Probably need a 5500 or similar. If your focus is only on day hunters and not backpack hunters, you can disregard.
  • Quick release - Could this be modified to fit on other packs and sold separately? I had something similar on an old Eberlestock pack that never worked right. I have a Kifaru Gun bearer, that I don’t really care for. At least for me, the problem of carrying a weapon on a pack with easy access hasn’t quite been solved yet.
Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.