AK on line or OTC purchase of license and tags?

Fillman1

FNG
Does anyone have any input on this. We head out Sept 16 for caribou. Any concerns/experience with the time line for delivery of on-line license and tags from AK fish and game. Thanks.

z987k

WKR
Does anyone have any input on this. We head out Sept 16 for caribou. Any concerns/experience with the time line for delivery of on-line license and tags from AK fish and game. Thanks.
You print them from your printer at home, so... if it's more than 15 seconds or so, that's on you.

Voyageur

WKR
I've done it both ways, purchased both licenses and locking tags beforehand and other times waited until I arrived in AK to purchase. The last couple trips I've settled on buying (and printing) my general hunting license at home. I also print out my harvest tickets at home. I wait until I arrive in AK to purchase my locking tags. My reasoning for waiting on the locking tags is in the event something goes catastrophically wrong and derails the hunt I'm not out that big chunk of change.
Hope this helps.

OP
F

Fillman1

FNG
I've done it both ways, purchased both licenses and locking tags beforehand and other times waited until I arrived in AK to purchase. The last couple trips I've settled on buying (and printing) my general hunting license at home. I also print out my harvest tickets at home. I wait until I arrive in AK to purchase my locking tags. My reasoning for waiting on the locking tags is in the event something goes catastrophically wrong and derails the hunt I'm not out that big chunk of change.
Hope this helps.
It does and those were my thoughts exactly. Thanks

Weber

FNG
License and resident harvest tags are printable.

Non resident locking tags say they ship within 2 weeks. Some friends visiting ordered some (3 seperate people) and all of them got them within a week (last year, varying times of year from August through November). Don't wait, but don't stress it either. Order em now and they'll show up on time.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
locking tags are the main concern with online. some hunters dont get them delivered with tags and forget to follow up with that requirement.

So many places in the state to get them all, I suggest doing so in AK

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
If you buy online, you can prent them on waterproof paper. Not on option withiin person.

You can get you license and havest tickets online, then buy locking tags in person.

@Voyageur has a great point to.