Aftermarket Tikka Magazine PRC, SAUM, WSM platforms

OP
HellsCanyon
Looks really good Mike, great idea.

Will they be anodized? What is the bottom plate made from and does it slide or snap off?

Yes they will be black anodized. Aluminum base plate that’ll have a release button and it’ll be slide in from the rear.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HellsCanyon
This is very cool! Can't wait to see how they turn out, great idea Mike. Toying and tinkering with the design has got to be fun! I love that stuff.

Thank you! New ideas and filling a product need is always a good time :)

KU_Geo

WKR
I’m definitely in for 2 of these. Going to change my build plans if these show up in the near future. Love the tikka platform but had rolled it out due to mag length issues

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
Will these mags increase max Coal for long action rounds as well?

I'd like to build a wto switch lug t3x, and was considering 280ai, but the mag limitations are a concern.

OP
HellsCanyon
Will these mags increase max Coal for long action rounds as well?

I'd like to build a wto switch lug t3x, and was considering 280ai, but the mag limitations are a concern.

Unfortunately no. There's some options out there for AICS LA magazine use already, and accurate mag makes a 3 round magazine that would work for your setup. Factory bottom metal is limited to 3.4"-ish at this time however.

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Hmmmmm... this is with a 195 Berger/7WSM loaded with maybe .050” bearing support. I can’t think of anything that would be longer.... Easily fits a 300WSM with 215's, would have zero issues with the 230's as well.

This is the view from the bottom of the mag. 3 rounds in the mag well. Still needs feed rails cut up top and base plate and spring. Should have plenty of room for 3 in the mag.

This is the easy part..... :)

Mike
0bebaf3e6cd812542bf53531ba95565a.jpg

Last edited:

JP100

WKR
Hmmmmm... this is with a 195 Berger/7WSM loaded with maybe .050” bearing support. I can’t think of anything that would be longer.... Easily fits a 300WSM with 215's, would have zero issues with the 230's as well.

This is the view from the bottom of the mag. 3 rounds in the mag well. Still needs feed rails cut up top and base plate and spring. Should have plenty of room for 3 in the mag.

This is the easy part..... :)

Mike
0bebaf3e6cd812542bf53531ba95565a.jpg

Im in as long as you ship to Kiwi land haha. Any rough idea on pricing?

I have a Mtn Tactical one and its shite, currently using a long action mag with sides trimmed out for a .300WSM, it works ok with 2 rounds, but sometimes does not pick up the 2nd very well

Edge

FNG
I’m in for at least one.

If you can perfect an extended OAL 223 mag I imagine you could sell a bunch. If this has already been done, someone please point me in the right direction.

Lawnboi

WKR
I’m in for at least one.

If you can perfect an extended OAL 223 mag I imagine you could sell a bunch. If this has already been done, someone please point me in the right direction.

I’d do a 223 as well. You would sell a bunch of these I’d bet