Aftermarket Tikka Magazine PRC, SAUM, WSM platforms

I have researched a few options but stop when I see the capacity, I don't have a need for 10 rounds hanging out the bottom of my bolt action hunting rifle.

Are there any 5 round options? Kiwi stuff is good but if I had a choice I'd rather send Mike my money.

They look like quality magazines but $160 each + shp from Australia makes my head hurt. o_O

Last edited:
a4f18dda88cda10916757064f4188c57.jpg

Getting closer!

Hope to be testing and tuning feed lips in the next 2 weeks.ag bodies are machined, bottom plates are cut. Have to machine followers and still waiting for springs to show up!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the bottom metal be released at the same time as the mags? Lookin good!

Unfortunately no. We’re planning a fairly decent run of mags first then will R&D a bottom metal. Magazines are quite a bit tougher than the bottom metal so they should go quickly.

Really important to get the feed lips and spring tuned right so we have smooth loading and feeding. Bottom metal is the easy part.

Mike

They’re coming together. We’ve got to change the front corner radius a bit. Factory bottom metals actually squeeze in .005-.010” when torqued into a variety of stocks. First mag body design slips easily into a bottom metal mag well when it’s sitting on a bench. Torque it into a stock and it binds up in half the stocks. It’s a stock inlet problem.

I’ve had factory mags bind up in both McMillan and AG stocks (just got in a few from Mesa Precision). Fixed the issue by bedding the bottom metal but we don’t want customers to have to do that to make these mags work so we’re adjusting the front corners a touch.

We’re getting closer. Have probably 70ish mags that will be in the first run of anodizing with a second run coming in 4-6 weeks after. Planning on getting a pre-order up after the holiday weekend!

1554ca2b8e25196d6d97922d9ccb44a9.jpg

275dfe9601983b0c69477342d7cd23b7.jpg

Mike

These might push me over the edge towards a tikka build. Heck I might get on the preorder even if the rifle build doesn’t happen soon.

Now the dilemma: 7 SAUM, 300 wsm, or 338 Sherman max

Back